Leaking Snout

Spider

ok i never saw any wetness when on the car. when i took the whole top of the motor apart and super charger laying on the ground i been picking it up and looking at it off and on turning the end ands watching in turn for the fun of it. i took the plug out and tiped it up and drained all the fluid i could out of the super charger. this has ben sitting around for a couple weeks now and i never saw any leaks. now im wipeing it down and getting it ready to put back on my car and after spinning it by hand listening to the compresion noise it was making there seems to be oil comming out behind the nose pully ?

i look down and theres some on the ground and on my hands and behind the snout... why is this all of a sudden leaking out now and not before?

does this mean it has a leak and its bad and now i need to replace something ?

finaly time to put the car back together and i ran into this problem.

ok i thought it might be that. thank you for the fast reply as now i cant go any farther on my car atm untill i get this fixed and im just sitting here wondering what i needed :p

thanks again

No problem. If your stuck and need to fix it today, most of the major auto parts stores will carry the standard replacement seal, I just like the viton one because it last longer.

David

im trying to find one local cause i have no patience :D i hate counting the days until a part arrives :rolleyes:
been sitting in garage for couple months and now im putting it all back together and im kinda excited. i can't put my plugs in like i was going to becasue the guy gave me 2 double plats and 4 single plats... didnt realize untill i go home to put them in the plugs are differant, now im sitting here till parts store opens :(

Back