important question about exhaust

whitemark

hey everyone. i have a 96 with the base 3.8 liter and it blew headgaskets about 20,000 milse ago. now it sounds like the cats by the manifolds have come apart. where do i get reasonably priced replacements that won't make the cars computer go nuts? thanx guys.

whitemark said:
where do i get reasonably priced replacements that won't make the cars computer go nuts?

Don't know who told you that cats would make the computer go nuts. Just get the cheapest replacements you can get.

Is this for REAL?

whitemark said:
it blew headgaskets about 20,000 milse ago.
Is that a typo, or did you Really drive the car 20K mi. with blown HG's? How often did you have to change the coolant in the oil pan? OR, were you able to drive more than 5 mi. before the radiator was sucked dry?

Confused 68COUGAR

Most after market cats are just fine. Just be sure you are getting the right ones for your car.

Not confused

RBH Racing

And if you get snow bound you can always crack your radiator and drain it for protein!

Try to shake off the Ethylene Glycol though:D

thanx

thanx guys and i forgot to tell you that i had the head gaskets replaced immediately. however i still can't find any replacement cats. and i know it's not the third cat because i had it removed when i had the dual exhaust put on the car. so if any of you guys could point me in the right direction i would be much obliged.

Back