Lower I/C tube

Wicked SC

How do you take off the lower IC tube? Or better yet, do you have to remove the P/S pulley to get the tube out? If so, how do you get that damn thing off?

Remove the 2 nuts at the plenum adapter, 2 nuts at intercooler. The tough part is reaching up under to where there is a bolt on the bottom of the tube. Use what ever you can, it doesn't need to go back in. And 1 nut on the side of the bracket by the p/s pump. Remove the 1 nut on the stud on the hugh bracket that has the p/s pump, alt. and 2 bolts. look downlow are dark like bracket. Slide the whole bracket forward on the stud, to the edge of the stud threads. The whole bracket will be dangling. You will have to work the lower tube around to get it out, but it will.

Correction?

There are 2 bolts that accept a 15mm socket.
There is one nut that accepts a 15mm socket.
Then you have to pull the two bolts (13mm I think) that are part of the support plate for the power steering pump and are attached to the water pump.

Then you can move the whole subassembly of Alt - P/S pump and auto adjusters.

I fought the bracket and the bracket won

I removed all the bolts/nuts I can see, but the damn bracket is still there, mocking me - it won't budge. Can anyone PLEASE post a pic that shows the location of all the nuts/bolts I have to remove to get the P/S pump off? Thank you.

AFTER YOU REMOVE THE NUT THAT IS ON THE STUD THAT GOES THROUGH THE INTERCOOLER TUBE LOOK AT THE END OF THE STUD IF IT LIKE MINE AND ILL BET ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME A SMALL 1/4 INCH DRIVE SOCKET I THINK 3/32 SIZE FITS AND YOU UNSCREW THE STUD AND REMOVE IT . THEN THE TUBE WILL LIFT STRAIGHT UP AND OUT AFTER I FOUND THIS IT IS SO EASY TO REMOVE YOU WILL LAUGH. WITHOUT REMOVING THIS STUD YOU WILL BE PULLING AND TWISTING AND CUSSING AND IT WILL NOT COME OUT WITHOUT DAMAGE OR REMOVING ALOT OF OTHER **** THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO COME OUT. AFTER YOU DO THIS E MAIL ME AND SAY THANKS BUDDY !!!! WHEN YOUR READY FOR A WIRING DIAGRAM TO KEEP YOUR 80 WATT LOW BEAMS ON WHEN YOU HIT THE 100 WATT HIGHS. LET ME KNOW I JUST DID A COOL MOD WITH A COUPLE OF RELAYS FROM SUMMIT RACING. IT IS LIKE DRIVING AT DAY TIME ON DARK MOUNTAIN ROADS.

I already removed those two studs holding the lower tube. In fact, I already removed the upper tube, the intercooler, the alternator, and the coil pack. The lower tube is free - just dangling there. The problem is that I can't pull it out because it's pinned down by the P/S pump.

You've got to move the accessory drive housing forward.

Red are Nuts
Blue are Bolts.

Remove the bolts, remove the nuts. Slide the assembly forward on the large stud on the right.

That should give you the room to slip the tube out.

You can access all of these bolts with all devices still mounted and with the P/S Pulley on.

driverssidescblock.jpg

Re: I fought the bracket and the bracket won

Wicked SC said:
I removed all the bolts/nuts I can see, but the damn bracket is still there, mocking me - it won't budge. Can anyone PLEASE post a pic that shows the location of all the nuts/bolts I have to remove to get the P/S pump off? Thank you.

You don't have to remove the P/S pump only the pulley, because there is a bracket from it to the water pump housing. And only 2 bolts and 1 nut hold the gigantic backet assembly. Slide it forward to the edge of the treads or a little more, don't knock it off. Pull the stud from the side of the bracket that holds the tube and the lower bolt from underneath the tube. There is a hugh boss that the 1 bolt from underneath threads into it will catch on everything, but twist and turn the tube it will come out, to the top.

Back