94 SC just died and won't start.

torino1973

Hey everyone, can anyone give me ideas ?
As I was backing my 94 SC in the garage this past fall it appeared to load up with fuel and stall never to start again since. Despite having very old plugs and wires the car has always run PERFECT. The car turns over differently at different times...it will spin normal then change to very slow( like a timing issue) then return to normal and almost start. ( the engine is sometimes almost running from the starter alone). After numerous attempts it evntually floods out as evidenced by the gas smell and wet spark plugs. I've changed the things that seem to frequently come up as problems for people with no luck. Here is the list: Cam sensor, Crank sensor,Engine coolant temp sensor and DIS module. None of these new parts made ANY improvement. The fuel pump clicks and runs at the turn of the key every time. Code reads were only that Coolant and Air charge temps were out of range. My next guess is the coil pack and or fuel pressure regulator( if I could only see it).
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! BTW, this car has only 70k orig miles. Again, it ran perfect prior to this.
Thanks ,
Fred

Not yet, I ordered them (Magnacors). Although I must say....I never had a car go from running perfect to not running at all because of old wires. I had planned to change them this winter anyway...this just sped the process.
Thanks,
Fred

Back