HELP PLEASE Won't start after tune-up

free90sc

I have a 90 SC 5 speed. I have completed a tune up and can't get the car to start.

I replaced the Super Charger, valve cover gasket, spark plugs (autolite double platinums), and I have checked and double checked all vaccuum hoses, I have even double and triple checked my plug wires making sure I had them in the correct firing order.

The car acts like it wants to start but acts like it is 180 degrees out. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Welcome,

be careful, some folks here are very sensitive!
:)
I have not performed such an operation yet, so I can't offer you advise you prob. haven't tried already......
Maybe your crank sensor wire got unplugged/damaged?
guys?

ight,, i had a similar problem once. Their is a electronic fuel shut off in the trunk. It is triped during a collision. My car was never in a collision. But yet it was triped. Just a thought and hope this wonderful site helps you..:)..

Sorry for the attitude earlier, I think I found the problem. Evidently the wonderful Haynes book has 2 diagrams of the spark plug sequence and I was using the wrong diagram. Hopefully that is it, after 2 nights I am like a monkey looking at a math problem and it sure makes a person feel stupid.

Just a heads up pg 1-2 and 2A in Haynes are sequences for the spark plugs, but they aren't the same for the supercharged V6 engine. I was using pg 2A and I am trying pg 1-2 tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

free90sc said:
Sorry for the attitude earlier, I think I found the problem. Evidently the wonderful Haynes book has 2 diagrams of the spark plug sequence and I was using the wrong diagram. Hopefully that is it, after 2 nights I am like a monkey looking at a math problem and it sure makes a person feel stupid.

Just a heads up pg 1-2 and 2A in Haynes are sequences for the spark plugs, but they aren't the same for the supercharged V6 engine. I was using pg 2A and I am trying pg 1-2 tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
1 4 2 5 3 6 :p

coil pack is 1 2 3
............... 5 6 4

if this helps any.......

Ira

Back