PDA

View Full Version : BTM main stud girdle to be available again.....

BT Motorsports
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
I have finally sourced material at a reasonable price (based upon current market value) and received the information needed to update the clearance for those interested in using it in a stroker application. Pricing will be released this Friday 2/3/06. If you are interested in purchasing a girdle, they will become available based upon a group purchase with a minimum quantity of 5 orders needed to get the run going. Please reply to this thread if you would like to become part of this group purchase contingent on cost.

Paul

XR7 Dave
01-31-2006, 05:38 PM
I would be interested in one.

Mike8675309
01-31-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm interested... Does this work with the stock pan, or is the late model Mustang pan required?

Ricks SC
01-31-2006, 11:37 PM
I am also interested. But, would like to know more details. Is it plug and play or is there modifications that need to be made?

kiwikiwikiwi
02-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Definitly interested in one.

BT Motorsports
02-01-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm interested... Does this work with the stock pan, or is the late model Mustang pan required?
Mike, it works with the stock SC pan. (BTW, I haven't forgotten about those HG pics from the other thread, I need to find a few minutes to resize them).

For a stock stroke SC engine, no modifications are needed (see information page: http://www.bluetonguemotorsports.com/BTMParts/SCMainStudGirdle.htm )

I am also interested. But, would like to know more details. Is it plug and play or is there modifications that need to be made?
These new units are being clearanced to work with stroker motors, however, they will be sold with the possibility for additional fitment work required. On a 4.2L stroker engine using a late style Mustang block (I am told the main caps are like ours on the later engines), minimal clearancing was required. Fitment is described as clearancing of the girdle to allow proper clearance between it and the rod throughout the stroke.

Paul

Rick Mink
02-01-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm definately in. My machine shop guys are begining to hate me:( I keep chaning my mind, oh well. just realized the bright side of the SC being down for soo long, no more points on the license:D

lilredstang
02-03-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm Interested Too!!!!!!

lilredstang
02-03-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm definately in. My machine shop guys are begining to hate me:( I keep chaning my mind, oh well. just realized the bright side of the SC being down for soo long, no more points on the license:D

LOL YEP SAME HERE. THE SHOP IS WAITING ON THE CAM FROM DAVE BEFORE THEY ASSEMBLE THE SHORTBLOCK. HMM THEY MAY BE TOLD THEY NEED TO WAIT A BIT LONGER NOW::D

BT Motorsports
02-03-2006, 02:49 AM
http://www.bluetonguemotorsports.com/BTMParts/ProductionSCGirdle/images/ProductionSCGirdle%20005.jpg
Group purchase pricing:
5-9 orders $431.99ea. + shipping
10 or more $ 399.99ea. + shipping
Main studs already cut to length to clear the stock oil pan are an option @ $119.99ea.
If production begins again as a result of this buy, retail price wil be $460ea. + shipping
For those considering purchasing this product, when evaluating the increase in price over the last production run from Jan '04, please understand our material costs have increased by over 300%.

For those not familiar with this product, two key advantages of its design over the competition are:
single billet construction, no welds or seams
no additional machining to the engine is needed for the installation of this product

For additional information, please visit the following link:
http://www.bluetonguemotorsports.com/BTMParts/SCMainStudGirdle.htm

Paul

SeanMatteson
02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Paul, are you serious?! So, a stud girdle plus the studs sets me back over $500 USD?!

I don't need one that bad. ...Thanks.

Sean

Ricks SC
02-04-2006, 12:35 AM
That is pretty steep.

Rick

BT Motorsports
02-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Paul, are you serious?! So, a stud girdle plus the studs sets me back over $500 USD?!

I don't need one that bad. ...Thanks.

Sean
I don't recall soliciting you to purchase one:confused: Regardless, I just looked at Coy Miller's website and his welded together girdle and matching studs total $489 (not a whole lot cheaper and still under his $500 minimum order) before shipping assuming the prices are current. I know for fact there is a decent amount of clearancing required to run a stroker crank with this unit. I have also been told that there is some machining of the caps required for installation.
I can't compare Morana's girdle as it is not in the same class. It requires additional fitment and significant machining (additional cost) for installation which severely weakens the main caps. Ask white95v6 just how much hacking he had to do to his girdle for it to clear his stroker.

Those are the only two retail options I am aware of.

That is pretty steep.

Rick
As I stated earlier, I have only raised the price by the amount the material cost has increased. I have not added any additional costs for things like increases in electricity, tooling and other disposable materials, rent machinists pay etc.
Sure you can go buy a girdle for a V8 stang for $250-$350, however, they are mass produced and do not have near the design or machine time involved to produce. Considering I have sold 10 and may or may not sell any more, I never will recoupe my time of designing this piece forget about making a profit. The reason these went into production is because I was making 2 for myself and a few people were insistant that I make them one also. So with that said, if you are interested, the cost and availability has been stated. If the cost is to high, perhaps you want to buy one from Morana or go the route Brian Bitner went: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68308&highlight=girdle
I am not going to defend or debate the product or its cost any further. This post was created to address the several requests I have received for this product. If any constructive questions come about, I will be happy to answer them.

Paul

SeanMatteson
02-04-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't recall soliciting you to purchase one:confused:

Actually, Paul, by posting under 'Group Purchases / Specials' you are soliciting all of us to buy one. That's what this forum is for.

No offense, but I just don't see the benefits of the main stud girdle for folks not planning on making more than 500 RWHP, and that is such a small portion of our membership. For now, I'm not among them.

Regardless, this looks like a quality piece, and I applaud you for producing them. I'm sure the customers who actually buy them will be very happy.

Regards,

Sean

Kurt K
02-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I know for fact there is a decent amount of clearancing required to run a stroker crank with this unit. I have also been told that there is some machining of the caps required for installation.

Paul

Although I can't comment on clearancing required to run a stroker, I would suspect it's true. I can, however, definitely say that absolutely NO machining of the caps are required for installation of the CMRE stud girdle. I did have to grind down the front ARP studs and nuts a little for clearance.

lilredstang
02-04-2006, 06:33 PM
IT MAY NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO MENTION THIS TO THE MUSTANG GUYS AT WWW.V6POWER.NET SOMEBODY THERE MAY BE INTERESTED IN ONE.

white95v6
02-05-2006, 12:59 PM
well i can tell you this much. if i had know ho bad the Morana one was gonna fit i would not have ordered it. but once i had it and did all the work to make it fit i had to keep it. too much dang money sunk into it. i had to cut the main caps,Make spacers and then cut the heck out of the girdle to make it clear the Crank and rods. and this was all after Morana told me all i had to do was mill the Main Caps alittle. man what a Joke. for the Extra what $150 i would have bought Pauls if it would have been avalable 2.5 yrs ago.

for those ppl looking to make 450+rwhp i would strongly suggest a good main girdle. i am makeing 587rwhp at the moment. and soo far all seems to be holding together. but i can tell you that i would feel alttile better knowing that i didn't have the hack the girdle like i did.

also Me and Paul have been talking about builting a even better girdle then the one he currently has for sale. and thats the one thats gonna cost the Real money. but it will be well worth it for those looking to set Records.

Randy N Connie
02-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I would be interested if it had a oil scraper built in.

Randy

XxSlowpokexX
02-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I have one of Pauls girdles and its a top notch piece. I would think making a windage tray to adapt to the girdle would be cake. Rather then a scraper I would just coat my crank

Mike8675309
02-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Still interested... gotta get some checks in for consulting work I did though before I can commit.

lilredstang
02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
How Long Would It Take To Get These?

BT Motorsports
02-07-2006, 03:38 PM
How Long Would It Take To Get These?
That all depends on if the minimum is met and if everyone were to pay in a timely manner. My material cost quote is valid until Feb 27th, at that point in time, if the material was not purchased yet, I would have to reverify material cost.

Paul

Mike8675309
02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
You want to set up a fund for the money to go into so those that have it will send it in, then if it doesn't go, they can either pony up the extra necessary over the group buy price, or you refund it.

Otherwise you just have a bunch of people raising their hand and not putting their money down which burns those that are putting up the cash.

BT Motorsports
02-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Mike, it seems to me that at this time you are the only person interested in making a purchase. I will set this up as an official buy open from now till Feb 24th. Payment may be sent via USPS MO, bank certified check or Paypal (PaypalOrders@BlueTongueMotorsports.com). If the minimum of 5 people is not met by the 24th, all payments will be refunded in full and production will not begin.

I am pleased to be able to offer the following option to those who join the group purchase for an additional $10. Though it acts very much like a windage tray, I think a better term for it is a splash sheild. It has been tested and works with a stock stroke, however, I cannot verify it will clear a stroker. Click the link for a picture (it is very large at 1.6 megs).
http://www.bluetonguemotorsports.com/BTMParts/ProductionSCGirdle/GirdleOption.JPG

Paul

lilredstang
02-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Sorry, But I'm Out Guys. I Still Have To Figure Out How To Get This Thing To Run After I Get It Back Together And Adress The Rest Of The Drivetrain Before The First Race. And This Year I Am Racing Not Just Watching.

beer
02-15-2006, 11:25 AM
i am in, i do have the funds currently availble but would rather hold my own money until the sale looks more promissing.... so is this 2?

99mustang232

joshbea6
02-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Paul,

I would love to be able to get the piece as it looks fantastic, but right now I don't have the cash. I can however give the thread a "bump"

ttt

beer
02-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Paul,

I would love to be able to get the piece as it looks fantastic, but right now I don't have the cash. I can however give the thread a "bump"

ttt

sell your kidney, you got two of them anyways... come one people, need 3 more

beer
02-24-2006, 04:01 PM
so i take it this is a no go?

BT Motorsports
02-24-2006, 04:16 PM
so i take it this is a no go?
Seems to be an accurate statement unless 5 people pony up by the end of the day.
Oh well, at least I will have more time to work on my inconel piece instead.

Paul

Mike8675309
02-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm not going to make the cut off. I'll still be interested and will have to contact you via e-mail later to see what options may be.

BT Motorsports
02-24-2006, 07:35 PM
I'll still be interested and will have to contact you via e-mail later to see what options may be.
Mike, if at that time there is more interest, there is no reason why we cannot revisit a material quote and attempt another group buy. Who knows, material may get cheaper by then:o

Paul

Ricks SC
03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
What is the status of this GB?

Rick

beer
03-18-2006, 10:21 PM
:-( .

beer
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
bump, ttt