?????

r_wirth25

How much will it cost me to have somebody put a rebuilt AOD tranny in my 1990 SC, Also it may have injecters leaking due to the gassy smell.. just wondering howmuch i am looking at paying..
thanks

I don't know exactly, but it cost me $100 just to J-mod mine. So if I had to guess how much it would cost to take down and install a new tranny, maybe 5-600 bucks.

The easiest way to find out, call a local shop and ask them.

-Kornhaus

Do it yourself!

You got a harbor freight in the area?

I'd say:

decent floor jack $50
4 Big jackstands $40
Tranny jack, to make it easier $50 if you catch it on sale.

So $150ish, maybe a little more if you don't have a harbor freight around. Not a hard job, just time consuming.

There is lots of help here if you have question...

R&R Only?

r_wirth25 said:
How much will it cost me to have somebody put a rebuilt AOD tranny in my 1990 SC
You already have a rebuilt tranny for the mechanic to put in? So you're only talking about the R&R labor? OR are you talking about having the mechanic to the rebuild also?

68COUGAR

I sent mine out due to the work load that we have. Given it was a friend of mine that owns the trans shop, but normal cost for rebuild and R&R would have been $700.

These guys are right though, the job is a big pain in the ~~~, but not too complicated.

Drop the exhaust, gas tank, cables, hoses, linkage, driveline, drain the torque converter, unbolt converter, unbolt transmission, back it up, and lower it.

No doubt some things that I'm missing, but off the top of my head that's the basics.

Back