Thread sizes for suspension?

S_Mazza

Does anyone know thread sizes for the suspension nuts and bolts?

I ask because I am planning to replace front LCA's and strut rod bushings. I have a terrible time with rusted bolts every time I touch something under the car.

My plan this time is to retap the threads on everything before I even touch a wrench to it. Then go crazy with the propane torch. And then carefully attempt to remove the nuts.

So, I need to know what size dies I should buy. I don't even know if the threads are metric or US.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!

The threads aren't the problem so much as the steel sleeves in the bushings. I've never had any problems with the threads on any of the suspension fasteners. Just stock up on some PB Blaster and shoot the nuts and bolts before you try taking everything apart. If you are going to replace the LCA's and the lower shock bolt is rusted to the steel sleeve I would just take a Sawzall to the bolt. You can get replacements at Advance or NAPA. I posted the part number a month or so ago on this board. Good luck.

Unless you have a freak or someone has replaced bolts etc before with an "alternative" then everything is metric on these cars. In fact, my main tool kit I use has only metric in it as both my cars are metric.

Frit

Back