PDA

View Full Version : big loud boom!!!!

whitemark
02-01-2006, 01:03 PM
well i had a shop replace the cats on my 96 with some generic aftermarkets. when they started the car it sounded fine and then with a hiss and a sputter the top half of the engine exploded! it injured one mechanic and killed a hapless midget who just happened to be too close. any ideas on what when wrong?

David Neibert
02-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes...I think it was bad karma for calling little people midgets.

David

RBH Racing
02-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Did they weld on the car with the battery connected? Or one of the cats they installed may be defective(bet they are now).

What all did it destroy?

68COUGAR
02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
well i had a shop replace the cats on my 96 with some generic aftermarkets. when they started the car it sounded fine and then with a hiss and a sputter the top half of the engine exploded! it injured one mechanic and killed a hapless midget who just happened to be too close. any ideas on what when wrong?
The same exact thing happened to a friend of mine. They finally figgured out that the Knutter Valve was stuck wide open, & completely filled the cyclinder with intake manifold fluid. Then B-A-N-G, blew the head right through the roof of the shop!!!!!! The head is now in low earth orbit & tracked by NASA. NASA predicts that it will re-enter earths atmosphere over Austrailia in the year 2025.

In my friends case, the speed shop midget wasn't killed, but was seriously injured. What is it with Speed Shops & Midgets anyway?

68COUGAR

Spider
02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
maybe cause they work longer hours cause there more comfortable working since they can just sit inside the engine compartment :)

Young-SC-Owner
02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
so would you have to pay for that or would the shop?.. jw do you have any pics?

RBH Racing
02-02-2006, 08:40 PM
pics yeah yeah PICS!!!:) :D

thirdbird
02-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Lol!:d :d :d :d :d