PDA

View Full Version : A little sneak peek

aplvlydrtybird
02-01-2006, 06:41 PM
A lil sneak peek at what i am doing this winter. . . anyone else doing something like this???

RBH Racing
02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
asking me to log into your email account:(

XR7inWI
02-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Actually, you need to log into YOUR OWN Hotmail account to access the page he ATTEMPTED :p to link to. However, after logging in to Hotmail and clicking the link above, you get...

Help
Page Not Found
Sorry, I can't find the page you have requested. The page may be temporarily unavailable, or no longer exists on our servers.

Please make sure you have typed in the correct address.

If the problem persists please contact Hotmail.

Return to Hotmail's Homepage.

2006 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy
:confused:

RBH Racing
02-02-2006, 03:13 AM
lol oh, guess I'm SOL either way.....:rolleyes:

68COUGAR
02-02-2006, 06:12 PM
A lil sneak peek at what i am doing this winter. . . anyone else doing something like this???
Is that Photo Chopped, or bagged?

Curious 68COUGAR

aplvlydrtybird
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
the car is bagged and the pics are working now sorry about that, there how many sc's in mn are there that are bagged and turboed??? :)

mega_man_01103
02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
are you doing that from scratch? meaning....i know there aint no turbo kit out the for SC...just curious

aplvlydrtybird
02-02-2006, 06:42 PM
well there are kits out there for mustang 3.8, but yes this one is from scratch. not aware of a kit for this car. so yea basically everything is all custom made. i bought mac shorty headers and reversed them so that the pass is on the drivers side and faces forward same goes for the drivers side to passenger side, but that one had to be cut up completely.

mega_man_01103
02-02-2006, 06:43 PM
ic.....cool....keep us informed....or atleast me.....

aplvlydrtybird
02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
ok, well i will let you all know when i get more pics, we've only been working on it about two times a week so it might take a little bit.

Treys92
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
People around here have been waiting on this for a very long time. I can't wait to see some end results. Good luck with the rest of the project.

-Trey

aplvlydrtybird
02-02-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks, now i ahvent been ont he boards in a while but i do remember a project going under, whatever happened to that, and are there any others running around yet???

Treys92
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
There was another project that Frank (dirtybird91) had ventured into with HP Performance to build a turbo V6 SC that fell through. Basically he got screwed on the deal...disappointing.

As far as I know, there are no turbo V-6 SCs running around out there yet. You may very well be the first. And it seems as if you have a great start on the project. Like I said, many people have been waiting for something like this to be accomplished. There are a lot of people on these boards that could probably lend a hand and give information where necessary.

When it comes to tuning your car, I think this forum is in general consensus (sp?) that Dave Dalke (XR7Dave) is the man to talk to. But there are many people on the board who have tons of information on these cars. They are all usually willing to help out a member too, so if you have questions, ask here.

-Trey

quick35th
02-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I bet Frank aka Dirtybird91 would be all over this. Looks awesome bro, keep it up!

Shane

aplvlydrtybird
02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
yea tuning is probably going to be tricky, i have the mn12 performance tuner so if someone had a file i could put on there :) that would be cool, otherwise i will have to figure that out

S_Mazza
02-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Aha, the old "flip the header" ploy, eh?

Looks neat.

I question the cooling efficiency - is there a radiator hiding in there somewhere? But I'm very interested to see how it goes.

PS - What is it with turbos and the phrase "dirty bird"? Seems like you guys can't stay away from 'em.

aplvlydrtybird
02-02-2006, 08:51 PM
what you see in the pic is the intercooler, that is 24 x 12 x 3 and i just got my new aluminum hi perf. radiator and slim fan that puts out about 2100 cfm. and not sure on the "drty" thing...i guess we are just cool:cool:

Micahdogg
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
There's about 3 other turbo SC's that I know of. One, twin turbo 3.8L in a Fox Stang. Another single turbo in an SC. Yet another twin turbo 3.8L in an SC, but he never followed up to indicate if it was finished.

Micah

David Neibert
02-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Keith,

It looks great...please post more pics as the project progresses. I'm also curious as to what your planning to use for an intake manifold and where the throttle body and MAF are going to be located.

David

Treys92
02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
There's about 3 other turbo SC's that I know of. One, twin turbo 3.8L in a Fox Stang. Another single turbo in an SC. Yet another twin turbo 3.8L in an SC, but he never followed up to indicate if it was finished.

Micah

Micah-

Do you have any other info on these turbo and twin turbo SCs? I wasn't aware that anyone was finished with them yet... I'd like to see some pics or threads on them :D. Thanks.

-Trey

aplvlydrtybird
02-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Keith,

It looks great...please post more pics as the project progresses. I'm also curious as to what your planning to use for an intake manifold and where the throttle body and MAF are going to be located.

David

Thanks, i will try and get more pics as is goes on, and as for the intake i plan to use the origional lower intake and create a small aluminum box that goes forward towards the t-stat housing (which is getting moved) and then have the throttle body in that area and then have the maf before the turbo, basically like it was on the sc application so that should make tuning a little bit easier. i know some of the mustangs do it before and after but when i have seen them with the mafs after the turbo, they also have the newer style mustangs with obd2 systems, so i will just keep it pre boost. for now unless it cause problems. thats the plan for now at least

aplvlydrtybird
02-03-2006, 06:25 PM
first pic is the making of the mac shorty header that was origionally for the drivers side but then cut apart and made to fit the passenger side going forward. if you own or seen what these look like you will understand how much that one has changed

as for the other side all we had to do is remove the flange and reposition it cause it was hitting the engine mount.

also the pic of the truck in my friends garage is a bagged ranger with 20's and that is getting a 5.0L efi swap :)

aplvlydrtybird
02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
does anyone have any pics of the set ups on the sc's with turbos???

super red91
02-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Now this is what I like to see :) . I've been researching alot and looking to single turbo mine for awhile now, hopefully sometime in the next year I will be able to get working on it.

As for the ball and socket connection on the headers, why not use V-bands they will seal alot better. Also what turbo are you using?

aplvlydrtybird
02-06-2006, 01:38 PM
i hadnt had any problems in the past with this style so i will go with it unless it starts causing problems.

the turbo is a t3/t04 e .57 trim with a .63 a/r turbine. bought it off of ebay, so i guess we'll see how it works it was brand new.

Treys92
02-06-2006, 03:26 PM

Try sending Micah a PM about the turboed SCs. He said he knew of a few. If you get some info on them, could you send it my way, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-Trey

super red91
02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
i hadnt had any problems in the past with this style so i will go with it unless it starts causing problems.

the turbo is a t3/t04 e .57 trim with a .63 a/r turbine. bought it off of ebay, so i guess we'll see how it works it was brand new.

How many #'s do you plan on running and what are you hp goals? Seems like that turbo would be too small.

David Neibert
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM

This thread has some pictures, but I never heard how the project ended up.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63348&highlight=turbo

Personally I would ditch the SC intake and use a 3.8 NA intake instead.

David

aplvlydrtybird
02-06-2006, 06:58 PM
How many #'s do you plan on running and what are you hp goals? Seems like that turbo would be too small.

I want to reach at least 300 hp with this turbo hopefully more, i will be starting out with about 15 psi on the turbo about where my old blower was but everything is much more efficient. i went to turbocalculator.com and calculated and my boost needs and my redline and a .57 trim is what seemed to be the best. and if so it will have a faster spool up time and i can just adjust the boost controller up a lil bit:) and if it is a lil too small i can always upgrade, which i plan to anyways, but this will give me a base point to start and to learn how to tune it. im looking to run 10's but id like to see a low to mid 13...we'll see

as for the intake, i figure its a cheap way to start, and the stock intake could handle 15-20 psi or more and still be ok...no the best, but the budget right now is key:) so far i've spent just around a grand, which is where i wanted the project to be. i did some porting on it before when i had it all apart too...we'll see if it doesnt work out with the stock intake then i will ahve to try something different.

anyone have any pointers tips etc, anything is helpful...glad to see alot of people are checking it out

redtbirdsc
02-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Is that turbo from ssautochrome?
If so I would be real careful with it as they are known to come apart.

aplvlydrtybird
02-06-2006, 07:43 PM
i bought it from a different vendor, it wasnt from ssautochrome or xspower, i am aware of some problems that people have had from those companies.

S_Mazza
02-06-2006, 07:53 PM
If you're worried about the cost of a 3.8 NA intake, don't be ... they cost about $0. Quite plentiful. The Taurus/Sable and T-Bird/Cougar lower intakes should interchange.

aplvlydrtybird
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM
im not worried about the cost of that, its just that i have plans for a comletely custom intake once i figure out all the querks. i just want to create a small box to go into the stock lower intake is all, and then go from there. im just going to work with what i got at the moment.

aplvlydrtybird
02-08-2006, 12:18 AM
started a new thread called my turbo build up...so go there for anymore posts. thanks guys!