TV pressure gauge. Parts list or where to buy one?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Need to adjust my TV pressure and I want to do it right. I remember reading a thread about it not too long which included a parts list in order to make your own. THen I also remember somebody posted a link to purchase one....but i cant freakin seem to find them! I've spent the past few minutes searching and re-searching, but i cant stumble upon them.

I figure since keeping the correct pressure is so important, i might as well make or buy the gauge instead of taking it each time to a shop. Any help is greatly appreciated, thats one of the very last things to do in order to get the 89 out on the streets!

Oil pressure guage....

Most parts houses will have an oil pressure guage. Or, you can check on EBay in the automotive tools listings. One thing I would suggest is to get a guage with a lower scale (like 0 to 120 psi) for setting the TV. Mine goes up to 300 psi which is fine for checking line pressures on the tranny, but it is a little difficult to fine tune the TV pressure to 33 psi (with the cable block inserted) or 0 to 5 psi (without the block).

Basically you are looking for an oil pressure guage that comes with at least a 6' line and a pack of various size connectors....

I also used an oil pressure gauge with a fine scale to set mine. I used copper tubing to run from the port up to the gauge ($12 at AutoZone) because i was afraid that the plastic tubing would melt being so close to the exhaust (then again this was on my Crown Vic, might be a better way to route it on a T-Bird).

Thanx for the replies guys....quick questions.

1- does it matter what kind of tubbing I get. Like can I get any regular hose that fits or should i get a specific hi-pressure type like fuel, heater or steering hose?

Also, Alan...pardon my ignorance friend, but what does this block do and why the specific thickness? I dont recall reading anything about this block or a specific thickness in the procedure, but please do enlighten a brother.

I should be going out and buying the necessary stuff today.

CaifanSC said:
Thanx for the replies guys....quick questions.

1- does it matter what kind of tubbing I get. Like can I get any regular hose that fits or should i get a specific hi-pressure type like fuel, heater or steering hose?

Also, Alan...pardon my ignorance friend, but what does this block do and why the specific thickness? I dont recall reading anything about this block or a specific thickness in the procedure, but please do enlighten a brother.

I should be going out and buying the necessary stuff today.

There is a gauge block listed in the service manual with a Ford specific part number. I believe the reason you have to use the gauge block when setting the TV pressure is because without the block, the pressure would be too low to get an accurate reading. Also, since all of the reference pressure were taken with a gauge block installed, it's the only way to achieve accurate results.

Im ordering a gauge tonight 1-100 psi and 8' of hose. HOwever, im unclear about this gauge block. Can somebody tellme what it is or what does it look like. Also, where to buy? Thanx!

Edit...i did a quick browse and came to this tool...is this what you guys are talking about?:

T-1601-L.gif

found it at the following link:

http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1801

Last edited:
Back