Harmonic Balancer Broken Bolt - Need Help/Advice.

teachdivin

Hey, Rick and gang!

Dr. John's really been enjoying his 89SC and hasn't had any problems since you guys helped us out about 18 months ago. He even had it painted a metalic candy apple red! Looks really nice and even I like the car now.

Before the holidays, DJ was going home when it stopped... broken crank bolt and harmonic balancer's moved away from block w/ a shiny thin metal collar still on the crank behind the HB.

With holidays, etc.. the car's been in the wife's space in the garage and ... you know how that goes... she wants her "space" back yesterday!

Anyone here in Tidewater can give us a hand/advice on getting the 'bird running again? Done my homework understanding we should us a reverse-type drill hoping to back the broken bolt out or get a hole for a screw extractor in there.

Which way to go on the HB?

Standard new from Ford for an arm, leg and 1st born?

BJH Dynamic one?

Used? (Didn't seem like folks report much luck here)

SURE will appreciate advice/help...

Tony
Home: 757-523-4818
Cell: 757-748-6132
Email: teachdivin at yahoo.com (remove space; replace 'at' w/ @)

i can give you a hand, however my time is usually limited. i will pm you my phone number,
John
Btw i can get you the parts from work at my price (ford cost +10%) that way it will only cost you a wrist ;)

Last edited:
Toxic281 said:
i can give you a hand, however my time is usually limited. i will pm you my phone number,
John
Btw i can get you the parts from work at my price (ford cost +10%) that way it will only cost you a wrist ;)
Thanks, toxic!

Both of us have been out of town this past week or so; we look forward to some help w/ my friend's Baby; she's a real nice vehicle!

teach

....Tony,let John handle it,he's a first rate mechanic and will do right by you and the Doc.......ya'll will be happy with his work,he takes care of my cars and is always willing to help out plus he's a hell of a good friend.
z

Back