What do you think of my exhaust? *PICS*

Terrible Juan

Got it this way when I bought it. Just wondering if I should change anything or if it's good to go. After the resonator thing (which is a bit less than 1 1/2' long) is a nice smooth bending exhaust that appears to be 2 1/4".

Oil leaks censored for my protection. :D

Attachments

• exhaust1.jpg
    exhaust1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 205
  • exhaust2.jpg
    exhaust2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 187
  • exhaust3.jpg
    exhaust3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 174
  • exhaust4.jpg
    exhaust4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 206
  • exhaust5.jpg
    exhaust5.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 177
this should be in non technical, polls, or the lounge. NOT technical

Exhaust performance review for someone that hasnt clue can be technical.

It appears they have gotten rid of all the highly restrictive portions of your exhaust so long as your happy with it leave it be! Not particularly happy with the down pipe transition to the cats or the split at the rear however it is much better then stock

I agree, it looks fine. I was just curious why you blurred the transmission and engine out of a couple of the pictures. :rolleyes:

Kurt K said:
I agree, it looks fine. I was just curious why you blurred the transmission and engine out of a couple of the pictures. :rolleyes:

I think that was his way, as he put it of sensoring his oil leaks.

Looks like someone cut your stock downpipes, welded in a couple of hi-flow cats and then connected it back into a small resonator or glass pack. What happens beyond that?

Haha, the undercarriage of my car is embarrassing. I know the first thing people would say is "don't worry about the exhaust, get all those oil leaks fixed!" LOL.

After the resonator there is a nice 2 1/4" exhaust pipe (smooth bends) going around the gas tank and all that and then it splits off into two Dynomax mufflers.

Let's see...

xThunderbirdSCx said:
this should be in non technical, polls, or the lounge. NOT technical

This is a technical question.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Exhaust performance review for someone that hasnt clue can be technical.

Expressing your opinion to a question that you think is stupid is stupid. This makes you XXXXXX.

Edited. No namecalling please. I left the rest of the comments alone for now since they were directed generally as opposed to personally. (At least that is how I took them.) But if this continues the thread will be closed. Play nice now folks. by Duffy Floyd

Last edited:
juan, this aint the corral, usually dont get attacked for stuff like that over here. of course you could see the actual "motor" of our mustangs so i guess its a little different:p :) :D

A Jaun,

I like how I was defending you asking the question when you decide to take the responce as personal. I said the question was stupid? Point me to where I said that.

And If you knew I dont think youd ask us what we thought.

I would have went 2.5 min though for the pipe to the back

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
A Jaun,

I like how I was defending you asking the question when you decide to take the responce as personal. I said the question was stupid? Point me to where I said that.

It was a misunderstanding on my end to say that you said my question was stupid, but I took offense to you saying that I don't have a clue. I know about cars and exhaust and stuff, I just don't have enough experience with these particular cars to know if the exhaust is good enough to let me stop worrying about the headgaskets. Either way, I am sorry for attacking you. I do appreciate your advice.

I found out yesterday that my car has a Dynomax muffler on the passenger side and a stock muffler (with a small hole in it) on the drivers side. :rolleyes: Who would've guessed? LOL.

dam i bet that makes for a tasty exhaust note juan:p :p :p :p

and i have to say. ive had about 30 cars in the last 10 years all going to the exhaust shop along the way. 70 fury with 500 inch wedge, hot 5.0 stang, a nasty 360 ramcharger (would get all kinds of stupid in the road) a v-8 jeep cj-5, a 72 newport with a 400 big block and a 4 barrel, a 72 chrysler WAGON with nitrous and a 440. ALL these cars had either no exhaust or the stock exhaust when i got them. i ve had LOTS of exhaust work done with american muffler (johnny lightsey, valdosta ga 229-242-5301) ive tried several exhaust setups on supercoupes also , ranging from butchered stock setups to full on 3" right off a 3" header flange. ive LOST more power going to these bigger pipes than ive ever MADE by putting an exhaust on. its more of a sound thing, as well as looks for some people. im just saying if 2.25" is good enough for 500 inches of mopar wedge, itll work okay for my man juan.....for now anyway:D

oh and i do understand that these cars are necked down at the resonator and the driver side stock cat is a HUGE POS!!!
other than this and the fact that its a single, it aint that bad. you shouldve seen the stock stuff on my wifes gtp!!!!
it was plain shameful

and for the folks who may or may not call ~~~~~~~~ on my cars
396761_57_full.jpg

396761_56_full.jpg

396761_18_full.jpg

396761_1_full.jpg

396761_4_full.jpg

763357_6_full.jpg

763357_3_full.jpg

yes....although i have owned lots of cars, i live in a mobile home. i guess this is why the wife doesnt get excited anymore when i bring one home. and, i asked my sales rep.... i couldnt get nitrous, a turbo, or even a big block installed on the mobile home. damn fleetwood.......

Last edited:
2058271_5_full.jpg

2058271_6_full.jpg
+
2112855_33_full.jpg

2225618_1_full.jpg

LOL after going through my pics its painfully obvious ive had more than 30 cars
hell these are just the ones i liked enough to take pics of

JUAN!!!! sorry for the hijack dawg!

Back