flowmaster force ii kit post install ?

sabre81

i did the full force ii kit. Im pushing about 8-9 lbs of boost now. Does this sound right? SHould i be ok with some intake mods now?

thanks

I've read that if you reduce exhaust backpressure that boost drops because, boost it a measure of restriction. If the car runs better, then you could ad an overdrive pulley to get more boost.

It's important that we fully understand what happens when you improve the "breathability" of the engine.

Boost is a measure of pressure above atmospheric within the intake system after the outlet of the supercharger.

Our Supercharger displaces a specific amount of air at a specific RPM.

If you have restrictive exhaust, the supercharger has to squeeze more air into the intake system because when the intake valve opens to allow the pressurized air in, less air is able to enter the combustion chamber because not all of the exhaust made it out.

This is common in 4 stroke motors that the exhaust is not able to fully clear out of the cylinder before the next intake stroke. Naturally aspirated cars use headers and reflected exhaust pulses to DRAG the exhaust out of the cylinder. We could do the same with our cars. But beause the air is pressurized entering the cylinder, all we need to really do is make it VERY...VERY easy for the exaust to be pushed out.

When more air is able to enter the engine, that is air that is no longer taking up space in the intake, thus the amount of available volume at a set RPM is higher which reduces the air pressure, or boost.

Engine efficiency gains are great and power should maintain if not increase. Some torque loss does occur, but I'll let someone else explain that.

But now that your engine is breathing better you can start making it easy for the supercharger to compress the air, which should increase it's efficiency, and you'll see boost start to creep up again.

Or you could also just throw a 10% pulley on there and screw the intake side effeciency . :D

Last edited:
Back