I don't know about this...

SK_BlownThunder

The Ford F-Series Super Chief. Yikes.

Sure it is a nice truck, but until I can find some specs on it, sounds a little out of reach for what they want out of it. A little better designing on the front end and wheel wells would definitely help it. From this picture, I don't think the aerodynamics will help any fuel mileage anytime soon, even with the hydrogen cell. I guess I'll have to look into it further, or until Ford puts out a little more coverage on this truck. Anyone know of any sites that tell anything about this truck?

geigerb said:
The Ford F-Series Super Chief. Yikes.

Sure it is a nice truck, but until I can find some specs on it, sounds a little out of reach for what they want out of it. A little better designing on the front end and wheel wells would definitely help it. From this picture, I don't think the aerodynamics will help any fuel mileage anytime soon, even with the hydrogen cell. I guess I'll have to look into it further, or until Ford puts out a little more coverage on this truck. Anyone know of any sites that tell anything about this truck?

Its got a supercharged DOHC V10 under the hood too :D. I posted pics of the motor in my thread entitles "pics from the 2006 Detroit Auto Show."

Shane

quick35th said:
Its got a supercharged DOHC V10 under the hood too :D. I posted pics of the motor in my thread entitles "pics from the 2006 Detroit Auto Show."

Shane

hell yeah!

What are they wanting to sell those for?

Blown 91 Bird said:
hell yeah!

What are they wanting to sell those for?

It was purely a concept and there was no price listed. Its got suicide doors too which are kind of interesting.

Shane

But the thing is such a monsterous beast that it will never go to the market, and if it does, it will be made by request i think, like the saleens.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
But the thing is such a monsterous beast that it will never go to the market, and if it does, it will be made by request i think, like the saleens.

Where did you get your information from?

Shane

yes, the super chief is incredibly beautiful in person, dont forget the optional fuel types as well

i think it was...

1)gasoline
2)ethanol
3)hydrogen

19TbirdSC91 said:
yes, the super chief is incredibly beautiful in person, dont forget the optional fuel types as well

i think it was...

1)gasoline
2)ethanol
3)hydrogen

Your missing one cause I am pretty sure there was four types. I think the forth type was E2 (ethanol 2)

Shane

quick35th said:
Your missing one cause I am pretty sure there was four types. I think the forth type was E2 (ethanol 2)

Shane

no, i dont think so, cuz last night there was a show on SPEED that talked about the north american auto show, and they said the three fuels...so yeah...could always be wrong though, but im about 95% sure it was those three

quick35th said:
Where did you get your information from?

Shane

I asked the guy who was presenting it. The truck is not meant to be a retail sort of thing. Its meant to be made specifically for the person. Its like a limosine but a truck.

Its got TVs, a full wet bar, swivel reclining seats, etc...
It should/will be made to spec of what the buyer asks for

Back