How To Find A Longer SC Belt?

CMac89

Does anybody know where I can find a longer 8 rib belt for the supercharger? I'm workin on something tensioner wise, but i'm not sure on belt length so i'll have to do trial and error. Maybe around a 42" belt or something around that. A part number or any ideas would be great.

BTW, stock length is 39.2" right?

CMac89 said:
Does anybody know where I can find a longer 8 rib belt for the supercharger? I'm workin on something tensioner wise, but i'm not sure on belt length so i'll have to do trial and error. Maybe around a 42" belt or something around that. A part number or any ideas would be great.

BTW, stock length is 39.2" right?
the part number is also the length. lets say it is a part number 8050425. that is how dayco does measuring, but they all are similar, the 8 means 8 ribs and the lenght is 42.5 inches... so a 8050393 is 39.3 inches long

Kevin Leitem said:
the part number is also the length. lets say it is a part number 8050425. that is how dayco does measuring, but they all are similar, the 8 means 8 ribs and the lenght is 42.5 inches... so a 8050393 is 39.3 inches long
same with gates belts but they usually start with a K and gates and dayco Are the belts you will find in 99% of auto stores

Kevin Leitem said:
That's good to know, Kevin. Do you know the incrementals of belt lengths they sell them in? Who sells the Dayco belts?

Last edited:
CMac89 said:
That's good to know, Kevin. Do you know the incrementals of belt lengths they sell them in? Who sells the Dayco belts?

i found a website from dayco at one time i don't remember what is was , but i am sure if you did a search you could find it. i get mine at advance auto. I have tried every kind on belt known to man and i swear by the dayco polycog. The goodyear gatorback was by far the worst in my tests

Advance Auto Parts sells Dayco belts, thats where I buy mine. They should have the catalog that tells them the PN#s for custom apps. Usually have to special order them, even the stock size belts. I also think Dayco Poly Cogs are a great belt vs. Goodyear

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, guys.

I ordered a 41.5" and a 42.5" belt today so hopefully one of those two will do fine.:)

Back