Gas Tank Float?

trife86

Sup guys my gas gauge always bounces around past full, thought it might be the gage, swapped clusters same thing. so im assuming the float in the tank went bad. What would be the correct part name for this and how much do they go for?

id say just yank a new style tank from the junkyard. No sense buying a new one if it not rusted and it works :p

xThunderbirdSCx said:
id say just yank a new style tank from the junkyard. No sense buying a new one if it not rusted and it works :p

well my tank is fine but the thing that reads how much fuel in the tank doesnt. i hear its a small part that is replaceable. and i alreaghty got an exhaust to work around a early style tank. which im not planning on redoing for abit

FWIW, Ford does not sell the fuel level sender for the MN12 cars separately. It is only sold as a complete fuel pump & sender assy., with the mounting flange.

Not sure if any aftermarket companies are doing a sender for these cars, probably not.

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed said:
FWIW, Ford does not sell the fuel level sender for the MN12 cars separately. It is only sold as a complete fuel pump & sender assy., with the mounting flange.

Not sure if any aftermarket companies are doing a sender for these cars, probably not.

cheers
Ed N.
im looking to get a aftermarket pump in the future do they come with any senders?

Back