over heating problem

93 Tbird

once in a while may car will start to over heat i just put a new thermstat i dont no if my radior cap is bad or not

more info

can you give any more info? how do you know it's overheating? These temp gauges move around a lot, where do you live? whats the usual temp there? and did you put in an aftermarket 180 degree tstat? or the stock 197? any other stuff you observe, post it and youll get some more help from everyone--
Damon

Keep an eye on your coolant level. If your coolant level maintains then it is probably a bad thermostat or you need to flush out your system. Check the ground for any coolant puddles after you park and sniff the engine bay for that sweet smell of coolant.

Do you know if your fan is coming on? I would probably just replace the rad cap if you don't know the last time it was changed.

im from mass its cold here now... the car hasnt ran in a while i just got her back together its got fluid i change the cap..when the old cap was on it would shoot out from the cap tryin to relave pressure it hasnt done that since.

A quick test you can do for the fan: Turn on your A/C with the car running. The fan should automatically turn on. If it doesn't, that is your problem right there.

Back