Supercharger pully bent from puller !

Spider

need i say more? ...

no one cant get them, ford cant they say there not serviceable and you have to take the whole nose peice on casue there pressed on from the back... funny how i took 1 bolt off and it came off...

cant get one anywhere. need a stock one really really cheap. i only work part time and i already spent most all my money for the other parts for this car.

is this to bent to use or can it be fixed ?

the things im gonig threw with this car never ends! boguht it and havent drivin it and its been in my garage for 3 months. i shoudl have been done in a couple more days but now this!

Attachments

• PICT1894.jpg
    PICT1894.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT1899.jpg
    PICT1899.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 71
  • PICT1910.jpg
    PICT1910.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 80
  • q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Where it is bent on the outsides won't hurt it since it is bent away from the ribs, but I do see knicks on the edge of the ribs that might damage the belt.

Just post in the parts wanted classifieds. I'm sure there are a lot of stockers left around from people going to smaller pulleys.

I had that same problem!

My pulley got bent too and so I tossed it somewhere..LOL:rolleyes:
They are a pain to get off I think!!!!
Goodluck finding a stocker shouldn't be too hard to find 1.

That's pretty common.

I found a little trick...

If you use a three-jaw puller and put a little load on the jaws, but not quite enough to start bending the pulley, and then take a small hammer and hit the puller once on the end, just to shock the pulley into moving. You don't want to pound it too hard, because that load will be transfered along the shaft into the snout. Just one quick hit. After that, put a little more load on the puller and see if the pulley starts to move. If not, with the extra load on the puller, give it another hit.

This has worked wonders for me in the past.

I'll take a look. I probably have a spare stock pulley or two. It would be one off an early style blower. I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Sean

that would be great if you can find a pulley stocker pully, let me know please :)

the edges are bent inward since the bend came from pulling towards me from the claws on the puller :(

i got back from Carquest since their basically my only chance of finding a pully local.

they don't have the same one but they can get these two,

Carquest part number:
38052 90MM $30.00
38053 76MM $30.00

the stock is 87MM out and 80MM inner, I'm not sure were to measure the size of the pulley from so i got in and out measurements.

will any of those work for me ? any idea what belt i would need if they would ?

no idea about what it would do with a different size if one of those would even work.

if you can get the stock pulley please let me know what you want for it .

Last edited:
i dont even know if i have a SC until this car rolls out of the garage. for now all i drive is a corsica

CaifanSC said:
...and still some people hesitate to spend $15 for the membership fee......sheesh, gotta love the sc community.

You are soooo right!!

Now, come on everybody! Join the club!!! :) :)

And Manny, you are the one great guy! :)

Last edited:
I was just about to offer this guy my old pulley buy manny beat me to it :rolleyes: .

Good luck with the pulley, kid. And become a dag-ol member already!

My stocker came off fine. I sprayed a bit of pb blaster on the shaft, put the puller on, tightened it just enough to get some tension, and walked away for 20 minutes. Came back, tightened the puller a bit more, took another 20min. break. Third time out, slowly tightened the puller and eased it off. Just gotta have patience while you let the tension work.

Proper Puller Procedure

xr7rocket said:
My stocker came off fine. I sprayed a bit of pb blaster on the shaft, put the puller on, tightened it just enough to get some tension, and walked away for 20 minutes. Came back, tightened the puller a bit more, took another 20min. break. Third time out, slowly tightened the puller and eased it off. Just gotta have patience while you let the tension work.
That's the PROPER way to use any puller. Let the tension do the work for ya. Anytime you try to muscle a pulley off, It's probably gonna bend. Even guys that KNOW this, get impatient & do it the wrong way. Incredible!!!!!!!

I soak the shaft with PB Blaster before putting the pulley back on. It makes it MUCH easier next time you have to remove it.

68COUGAR

xThunderbirdSCx said:
I was just about to offer this guy my old pulley buy manny beat me to it :rolleyes: .

Good luck with the pulley, kid. And become a dag-ol member already!

you called me kid ? your profile shows im 8 years older than you ;)

Spider said:
you called me kid ? your profile shows im 8 years older than you ;)

Please pick another highly used pseudo name from the list:

Sport
Boss
Chief
Dude
Bud
Buddy
Mis-tuh

I straitened one worse that that. I chucked it up on a lathe and slowly bent it back. Just ask supercharged95. I should have taken before and after pictures.

By the way I heated mine up with a hairdryer. I got the pulley hot but not the shaft and that really helped to remove mine.

Back