Putting 95SC Engine/Trans in 92SC

menkids

OK Guys...I have a 92SC that needs engine and Trans. I just purchased a 95SC engine and trans(wrecked car). Can any one tel me what else will need swappped out? Computer? Wiring Harnesses? ETC.....Both are auto trans...
Thanks
menkids

If it's an auto trans, you will need the EEC and at least the harness for the transmission. Better yet, you might want the whole harness or at least a wiring diagram for both. I'm pretty sure the EEC pin-out is slightly different for both years.

rich at mn12 performance also told me that the sensors/senders on the 95 motor are high data rate while the 92 sensors/senders are low data rate. i have no idea what that means but i swapped them all out just in case.

I figured the most of the sensors would be coming on the newer engine, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

I have a 94 into a 90 swap I'm doing soon. After a lot of investigation I have come up with this info. The only easy way is to swap only the engine and use all the sensors off the old engine (including the 92 harmonic balancer).
In order to use the 95 electronic tranny and 95 EEC it is not just a simple repinning job. ALL of wiring harnesses in the car (including dash) have to be changed to the 95. There have been a few who have attempted to use a stand alone controller for the trans but none have been successful to my knowledge. Good luck, John

AnnivSpeCpe said:
There have been a few who have attempted to use a stand alone controller for the trans but none have been successful to my knowledge. Good luck, John

Sadly, I'm 99% sure I was the first person to attempt a stand-along controller for the trans. You definitely do NOT want to go this route.

www.becontrols.com

They make a controller that gives full control over the shift points. They make this for pretty much all the Ford Electronic Trannys , at least the rwd. It is a little expensive though. A lot of guys use them in the 93-95 Lightnings. Just a thought.

The baumann kit is the one more people have had problems with than any. If you really want to use a stand alone controller message me I know a place to get good ones,but they are not cheap at a cost of around $1500. It's a really nice system, but very expensive.
Alan

OK, I'll spell it out. The Baumannator controller will not work on a Super Coupe. And I'm not the only one to attempt using one.

Alan, your solution sounds interesting, but I think I would almost rather do some re-wiring and use a later EEC that has the 4r70w controls, than spend $1500 on a stand alone controller. Are there any specific advantages to using the stand alone controller over custom tuned chip for the later EEC besides being able to easily change parameters without a tune?

Sorry,

I haven't put one on anything, so I'm not aware of the problems with it. I was thinking of getting one for my Lightning, but the SC I bought doesn't need it.

http://www.ford-aode.com/

#8X. AODE / 4R70W stage 3 full manual Shift Kit, shifts to all 4 gears. 4th gear (overdrive) works with a toggle switch. No computer needed. Comes complete with a vacuum modulator to control the pressure. Cost $279.00
Qt

this could be an affordable alternative to the standalone. i have bought a LOT of 4x4 e4od stuff from these guys with great success. their triple clutch billet converters are badass

i priced an 800 horse aod just for kicks
AOD. "A O Dominator", Home Delivery Extra $75.00: Yes, Stall Speed: 2200 / 2500, 2WD: Yes, Upgrade to 800 HP NLU Billet Converter: Yes Add $386.00 3000 Stall, Horse Power: Under 750, Gear Set: 4R70W Wide Ratio, Powder Coat Add $150.00: No, Cast Aluminum Pan: Yes #26 at $180.00, Free: Shirt XXL $2,099.00 $2,099.00
You must press the Update Values button after making any changes for those changes to actually occur.

Last edited:
Back