PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust system - pics

tbird88
02-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Built this for a customer, made up of 2.25 dragpipes that lead into Magnaflow bullet cats, cobbled some 2.5" 45's to hook up with those and then into a 2.5x3 Y-pipe. In his particular case, he's running a 3" midpipe to the rear split.

Hangers to be added in the normal location right before the Y-pipe so the system will hang from the trans mount as originally intended by the factory.

Shipped this particular setup to North Carolina for about $20 through FedEx Ground. Don't know what other localities would be but looks very decent so far!

http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/xhst/latecat0278.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/xhst/latecat0288.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/xhst/latecat0308.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/xhst/xpipes0398.jpg

Y-pipe style, you chop & weld: 325 + ship
Assembled Y version: 425 + ship

add $10 for aluminized X or
add $40 for stainless X

thanks for lookin',

'bird

Mike8675309
02-09-2006, 10:40 AM
What years are you supporting?

99GSXR750
02-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Wynn,
Do you offer your drag pipes in stainless steel?
Mike

XxSlowpokexX
02-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Wynn Nice job! I think if you could offer two sides assembled and only the y pipe portion as abolt on that save alot in shipping. Should offer an x pipe version for those with 93 and up who want to run duals

Sampo
02-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Wow! I want that kind of pipes!

Wynn, I sent you a email...:)

littleboylan
02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Wynn, Is it possible to make that setup without the cats?

That would be something I'd be interested in. Thanks Mike

seawalkersee
02-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Nice job Wynn. When does Lola get a set?

Chris

Jeremy_K
02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Wynn, be sure to check with DHL shipping as well. DHL will pick up at your door. I had my flowmaster kit shipped here in it's original boxes a lot cheaper than UPS and FedEx. That's a nice system you've put together.

tbird88
02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
What years are you supporting?

This particular setup is for a customer with a '94. What I did was install a 94/95 passenger side manifold and then bolted on a set of corresponding pipes. To do an early set, it's simply a matter of changing the manifold/pipe combo.
I then established where exactly the converter needed to be cut in, then cobbled some s-curves out of mandrel bent 2.5, slipped the Y-pipe in place and prestomundo.

Not sure why the pics aren't showin', server musta burped.

'bird

tbird88
02-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Wynn,
Do you offer your drag pipes in stainless steel?
Mike
Been asked about that on a few rare occasions, guess I could price some pipe and try it.

'bird

tbird88
02-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Wynn Nice job! I think if you could offer two sides assembled and only the y pipe portion as abolt on that save alot in shipping. Should offer an x pipe version for those with 93 and up who want to run duals
Got a call about an x-pipe version today, got one on the way. Got 4-5 sets of dragpipes layin' there with nuthin' to do, might as well play :D

'bird

tbird88
02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Wynn, Is it possible to make that setup without the cats?

That would be something I'd be interested in. Thanks Mike

With a Y-pipe or...?

'bird

tbird88
02-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Wow! I want that kind of pipes!

Wynn, I sent you a email...:)
As soon as my isp wakes up and starts workin' I'll look for your email. Did you get your goodies from Texas yet?

'bird

Mike8675309
02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Note that www.texasthunderbirds.com (wynn) sells just the drag pipes on his website.

I guess I'm just going to need a couple drag pipes and my manifolds ported. i'll be sending the manifolds in the next week or so.

95pearlbird
02-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Very Nice Looking work there, Wynn!

Was nice to visit your website also. I've seen the link on the header, but never checked it out until this link.
You have it laid out well, and its a great way to get the most for your
"hard-earned" (oh yes they are!) dollars.
You'll definitely be getting some work and parts orders from me in the future.

And THANK YOU for keeping the prices so reasonable for those of us with a limited amount of $$$ to spend on our SC's!!!
Great Job on the headers too!

Sampo
02-12-2006, 06:33 AM
As soon as my isp wakes up and starts workin' I'll look for your email. Did you get your goodies from Texas yet?

'bird

Is your email working!?

I didn't get the goodies yet... But very soon I think! :) Can't wait to see them!:cool:

tbird88
02-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Very Nice Looking work there, Wynn!

Was nice to visit your website also. I've seen the link on the header, but never checked it out until this link.
You have it laid out well, and its a great way to get the most for your
"hard-earned" (oh yes they are!) dollars.
You'll definitely be getting some work and parts orders from me in the future.

And THANK YOU for keeping the prices so reasonable for those of us with a limited amount of $$$ to spend on our SC's!!!
Great Job on the headers too!
Well thanks a bunch for the encouragement, it's much appreciated! As far as price goes, kinda floored me when I started totaling the cost up for the new owner of this setup but I've gotten emails tellin' me that this is a very good deal, guess I'm just too far behind the times. Looks like the days are gone when you could just walk into Western Auto and buy a Thrush muffler for 12.95 and slap it on your car, guess it's time to get used to it LOL!

'bird

99GSXR750
02-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Been asked about that on a few rare occasions, guess I could price some pipe and try it.

'bird

Wynn,
Let me know if it's something you're willing to do. Will be doing my exhaust this spring.
Mike

tbird88
02-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Haven't found a price on stainless mandrels, I'll do what I can to remember to ask my wholesaler. As far as x-pipes go though, here's the choices.

The one on the left is aluminized and adds $10 to the package. The stainless on the right adds $40. Almost fell over when I saw the invoice on the stainless version :eek:

Anyways, got to really crunchin' some numbers and the new price is actually pretty fair for the whole setup.

'bird

littleboylan
02-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Wynn, I sent you an email, Thanks Mike

leeklimala
02-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Wynn,

They finally came, and they look great! Exhaust hangers and all! Now I have to sit here and stare at them till I get the time to put them on. I will take some photos of the install and post them along with some mpegs of the before and after tunes. Again, thanks for the time and effort you put into them.

Lee

v8killr
03-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Wynn i herd you've been sick as a dog...sorry to hear that.

I'm interested in a complete exhaust with maybe a set of your headers.
Can you throw some numbers at me and give me an ETA of when you could get something done..
Thanks,
David
brownsfan109@aol.com

Mike Manzo
03-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Wynn i herd you've been sick as a dog...sorry to hear that.

I'm interested in a complete exhaust with maybe a set of your headers.
Can you throw some numbers at me and give me an ETA of when you could get something done..
Thanks,
David
brownsfan109@aol.com

Ya know what...me too...those look nice...

BIG4CAM
03-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Good Job, Thats One Of The Best Looking Systems Ive Seen For The Bird In A Long Time, Bet It Flows As Good As It Looks Too. Id Buy One If I Can Find Another Sc.

leeklimala
03-04-2006, 10:48 PM
My SC will be getting the prototypes installed on Monday!!!!! I will post the pics as soon as I get them.

leeklimala
03-09-2006, 07:53 PM
It took my guy about 30 minutes to get them in.

leeklimala
03-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Sorry, hit submit too soon. He said it took him longer to get the old pipes off than to put the new set on. I have to say my but dyno is registering a definite HP increase over the stock system (no suprise there). Most noticibly in the mid range. It feels like I lost a little bit off the line but WOW when I nailed it in third coming off the entrance ramp at sixty, by the time I shot across three lanes and looked down I was doing 90. Couldn't have been more than two or three seconds.

And the sound....I couldn't be more pleased with the sound...not buzzy at all, but somewhat rhaspy and throaty. It still has that smooth v6 sound to it, but off the line it gets that metallic growl like a mustang with MAC exhaust. I'm even getting that cool grumble grumble grumble when I coast to a stoplight in first or second gear.

Another plus to these tubes vs. stockers is the drop in engine/engine compartment temps. Before I would run from the O to the M on a good day. Now I can only get it to the N when I give it hell. Otherwise it hovers just over the first line.

My hat is definitely off to Wynn and his creation. It was worth the wait and the money to get a product made specifically for my car that performs so well. Heck, anyone who gets them from here on out won't have to wait half as long as I did cuz he already knows how to cut and fit 'em.

Again, thanks to Wynn for the time invested on an excellent product. I'll post some pics if I ever stop driving it long enough to put it on a rack and shoot some.

XxSlowpokexX
03-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leeklimala
03-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Their coming. Having some digital camera issues right now.

xThunderbirdSCx
03-25-2006, 10:00 PM
youre a god with a torch man.....

thirdbird
05-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi Wynn,

I no longer have to take my car through emissions, so I am wondering what the cost of the setup below would be shipped to 98661.
I am shopping for an exhaust
WITHOUT cats and WITH a magnaflow resonator for an 89 5 speed SC...
Thanks!

paul

Built this for a customer, made up of 2.25 dragpipes that lead into Magnaflow bullet cats, cobbled some 2.5" 45's to hook up with those and then into a 2.5x3 Y-pipe. In his particular case, he's running a 3" midpipe to the rear split.

Hangers to be added in the normal location right before the Y-pipe so the system will hang from the trans mount as originally intended by the factory.

Shipped this particular setup to North Carolina for about $20 through FedEx Ground. Don't know what other localities would be but looks very decent so far!

http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/xhst/latecat0278.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/xhst/latecat0288.jpg
http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/fab/xhst/latecat0308.jpg

Y-pipe style, you chop & weld: 325 + ship
Assembled Y version: 425 + ship

add $10 for aluminized X or
add $40 for stainless X

thanks for lookin',

'bird

99GSXR750
06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Wynn,
Don't know if whether on not you got my emails, but I just wanted to know if you'd make your drag pipes in stainless steel.
Thanks,
Mike