Jealous T-Bird?

Coast to Coast SC

My wife and I bought a 2000 Subaru Legacy wagon for cross country drives with the dogs and skiing next winter etc.etc. We love it's room and ride though it is a bit "gutless"(her words). We've been driving it quite a bit to get used to an accelarationally challenged car and have made the SC jealous apparently. The battery took a poop (saw that one coming) last night before I took her to the local kids hangout to show that nitrious isn't needed to scoot. I picked up an Interstate this morning (they used to supply for the race team I worked with in NY so I buy from them when I can) and made her happy again until I closed the hood. I did this pretty gingerly as not to upset her but it clearly did not work. The hood emblem fell to the driveway with all three mounts snapped off. I tried the Krazy glue route but there wasn't enough there to work with. I got in touch with Dan Newman to see what he can do. This is the cars third emblem but lucky for me she only spits them out when she's P.O.'ed. Anybody else have stories of upset cars to share or am I the only one to have a temperMENTAL sc?

Anthony

Tbird took it like a champ!

Actually, my Tbird has never been jealous. She knows I love her and will never get rid of her.

But I do have a story.

I had a totally different car 2 1/2 years ago. I was fully stopped on the freeway when all of a sudden, out of no where, a guy hit my car going 60mph. I went off the freeway into the trees. My car got totalled and so did his. I was hurt and still til this day, have really bad backaches(i will have them forever). I did sue the guy and got money out of the deal. I took that money and went and bought my dream car! My beautiful Tbird--that i love!

Well sure enough, 7 months later, I got rear-ended again while I was at a complete stop. The girl hit me going I believe 40mph. My poor car. I was pissed! Her car was totalled but my tbird took it like a champ! I sued her as well. Took the money and spent it on my baby--my Tbird!

Then 9 months later, I got rear ended again. The couple was going at least 50mph. I was at a complete stop AGAIN. Although my car took it like a champ once again, she was badly hurt! She was almost totalled! IN THE SHOP FOR 3 MONTHS! I missed her so much! I hated reading the posts on here and about their cars because I didnt' have mine. I hated driving my rental car too--especially when a beautiful Tbird would drive by.

I called the collision place every week sometimes a couple times a week to see how my car was coming along--I missed it so. Once a week I would go visit her and see how she was coming along. The first time I went to the shop, I walked right by her--didnt' even recognize her. I go to the shop now and they all know me by name. In fact, they show my car pictures to customers to show them what a car can look like and how it looks when they are done with it. The before and after pictures are truly amazing!

I am glad my car has not been totalled and I pray that nothing ever happens to it. I am sure you all understand--we all love our tbirds. My car has been great for me! It has taken every single accident like a champ! I feel very safe in my car.

With the rate my accidents go, 3 accidents in two years, all rear-ends, all at complete stops--I am sure this is not my last accident in the Tbird--but I do hope that when the next ones come--my car will once again, take it like a champ!

And the Tbird lives happily ever after!

THE END.

Anyone else had any accidents in their tbirds? Any of your previous Tbirds been totalled?

OUCH!

Mandy, those are some big-time collisions! But I don't need to tell you that. That's enough for any lifetime.

Nothing personal, but please don't ever let me ride in your car.;) j/k

=0)

LOL--not sure if this will want you to be in my car or not--but in all of my accidents I have been by myself--so no worries! =0)

PYT =0)

Wounded T-bird

I decided to drive our 96 peal white LX to work one day a few years back. After working all day I was driving home in the number one lane of the freeway. I had just cranked up the stereo and was enjoying the Hot August evening when a deer decided to head butt the car. She ran out from the center median and hit the l/front fender. She spun around and caught the side view mirror sraying me with broken glass and then creased the entire left side of the car with her hoofs. Needless to say the deer met her demise. The car sustained 2300.00 dollars damage, most of it was paint. (pearl) The car was never the same after that. It was replaced by a 4x4 Ford P/U. I see the car on ocassions in town. Now I dodge dear with my SC.

mines not very dramatic, just that i put two holes in the passenger side head. into the water jacket, then someone stole the car without a motor... :-\ darn, that means i have a spare block and supercharger laying around...

you really want to hear temperamental...

i inherited/bought the 35th from my brother who had blown head gaskets only after having to pay for a tuneup, change the water pump, buy tires, change the heater core, and blow out the stereo :D

So I pay for a hg swap (didn't know anyone from the so cal people yet to lend me a hand DOH!) so I was happy after 2 weeks in the shop and $1200 later. So I drove it around with oil pressure occasionally dropping to 0 after a hard run and had to take it back to the shop 2 or 3 times...they always said it was a sending unit until I totally spun a bearing DOH DOH!!! So, after having towed it 2-3 times, it was back in the shop. Then I got it back with a ground cranck a few push rods and new bearings $700 more, but not new rings (Big Mistake!) so after that I had it back running ok, but I had a considerable ammount of blow by. By now I had payed what a total rebuild would have been but didnt have a new block, but oh well...

A few weeks later when I was going to home depot for a propane tank...I lost od. Took it into the tranny shop and sure enough a total rebuild cost me $750. 3 days later I got the car back and went for a test drive. I was VERY pleased with it until I heard some wicked noises and messed something up. Took a drive to the bakers square right after the noises went away to get some grub and I heard the IAC go south (squealing dyeing goose sound and idling at 2500. So it went back to the tranny shop and then to another shop where the IAC got replaced for $120. The tranny shop said the other noises werent tranny related (although I found out later that they were). The car went back and forth to the tranny shop 2-3 times for TV cable readjustents and a few other things that i thought were tranny related but were engine related. About 5-6 months after that the tranny had to be rebuilt again because it lost overdrive (hmmm, ain't that interesting). So after that the car was fine for 6 more months when I blew headgaskets again and got tired of blowby and rebuilt the whole thing again DOH DOH DOH!!! Good thing was it got rebuilt by a competent shop and I was able to put in a few extra internals :)

Now you would think my adventures with the sc would be over....NOOOOOO! A few weeks later I sheared the crank bolt cuz of the harmonic balancer on the way to Lolos for a day at MAgic Mt. and had to tow it once to Lolo's house and then back to the shop where they rebuilt it. They charged me 100 for the balancer and nothing for labor. So now I was happy....

UTNIL THIS WEEKEND!!! I had a run in with the sidewalk after an unsuccesfull right turn and blew a tire up grrrrrrrr!

So now i hav two new Pirelli Super Sport somethign or other Z rated 245-50-ZR16's int he rear. Next pay check come the other two :)

Do I love my bird, HELL YEAH! Am I broke...damned straight :D will i sell it, not for a million bucks!

al

ps, for the ammount of money I spent on this sucker, I could have had a decent mustang in the 13's...but what would be the fun in that ???

the only adventures i've

had were driving Al35thsc back and forth from shop to shop jejeje and having to be the second opinion about any little noise that bird did. :D

and I'd still push my ford than drive a chevy :) although i've been known to do that occassionally when said princess is annebriated lol j/k

al

Back