Wife has a Flood Damaged Mustang.

89SCK@t

Just like the title says. My wife needs an estimate because she was stationed at Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS. What sucks is that even though the military is obligated to pay for the damage incurred on her vehicle...they just need 2 estimates...which they will not reimburse us for.

I stopped by a couple of Ford Collision centers around here in San Antonio and they said that they need to take the car apart to verify what needs to be fixed, then put it back together. So, I will have to pay 40 bucks an hour for them to do that. Yeeeaahhh...sorry, but the car is worth 400 if that, to me. I told them straight up, that I just want an estimate for what needs to be replaced, I am not going to fix it, the car isn't worth it. It's just an 02 v6 auto.

If you look at the car from the outstide, you cant tell it was in a flood, the inside, you can still see the water line. It's about 1-1 1/2 from the shifter.

My wifes car still runs just like the day we bought it for just a little over 10K(cash), all we want is the money for a car that is now worthless.

Anyone in the San Antonio area that knows a couple good shops that would do a visual estimate, that would be great. The car was submerged for about 8 hours, I know what needs to be replaced. I'm just not going to replace it.

I guess thats about it.

Anyone?

Thanks

Stephen

A flood damaged vehicle is effectively rolling junk. See what you can get for replacement value as if it was a total loss.

Such vehicles will rust from the inside out. Have unbelieveable electrical issues that just keep creeping up, and likely failures of drivetrain, bearings, cables.

She'll (assuming you're not in the military) have to work it from her end and will only be able to get whatever the regs allow.

I used to be in the military, as well as my father...if property was damaged because of the military forcing you to stay behind for whatever reason and stay behind on the installation, the government is obligated to compensate you for the damage incurred. I tried to do everything I could to get this ball rolling on getting our money back...but they think that just because a vehicle is still drivable, they don't have to pay. This is friggin rediculus...

I got 3 grand for my tbird when the Air force academy got hit with hail damage. The base did not provide any cover for my car, or any around it, and the government had to pay what it would cost to get my tbird repaired...did i get the bird repaired? HELL NO. Good ole' American steel took the beating.:D

I have no idea where that is, was it saltwater? if so your brakes etc will seize up in time etc. Miniumum it needs is diff fluid flush, trans fluid change, replace carpet (will mould up), front wheel bearings have water in them, rack bellows probably have water in them if there was a leak, ball joints if they had a slight leak before, maybe the starter has water in it, there might not be anything wrong now, but stuff will fail sooner even if its not saltwater<--I wouldnt freak out right now:D

She was in forced to stay behind during Katrina...Biloxi is right on the Gulf shore. It was on the news for all of 3 seconds..because New Orleans was more "important" to report.

Back