I was hit buy

Merlon

a gardner, and a school kid, all in one week.

the gardner didnt damage any body work hit my front bumper liscence plate, had a bra, the kid hit my front pass bumper, but no real damage, cant find his plate # anywhere, but i know where his school is.

but now when i pull in anywhere after a 5 minute drive im leaking collant. from the pass. bumper. i cant locate it yet, but anywhere in particular that may have come loose? hoses look fine, i dont feel like putting in a new radiator for like what $150 in parts, but i will if it will save me from a $1500 headgasket problem.

What type of car do you have? Is it an Automatic or a Manual? Give us something to work with :confused:

sc, aos
it may be the overflow tank. i checked it though, and it was full, to the brim.
im going out today to check the hoses, and lines in the daylight, also have t drain about 1/2 quart of oil...

found it weird

filled to the brim...and te car hesitated after about 10-20 minutes of driving, and idleing...but hopping on the free way and going 70...nothing?

Why was the over flow tank filled to the brim?

When the car is running, do you see any bubbles forming in the over flow tank?

ill check in a minute

i dont know why it was filled, the radiator is full, and the hoses are fine, there is some collant inder the air filter housing. cleaning that up after i post this, so maybe i dont need a radiator, but what gives? putting in too much water and then it all came out at me?

i see bubbles running

shuold that valve that looks like the pcv on the drivers side be connected to the air hose? its not...

just want to know

if anyone else has a problem with idleing at 500-700rpm when at a stoplight.
i cant seem to fix that, i guess maybe its time for a new fuel filter?
but i can do 70+ on the freeways...

mass airflow sesore works...and new air filter...new motorcraft pcv valve...what else? occasionally it get shakey on me.

well

i see bubbles running from the overflow tank into the radiator.

my troubles are done with the radiator, i have been putting in too much fluid, and it overflowed. now my main problem is the engine hesitation after about 10 minutes of driving. tranny fluid full, oil...well a half inch over full line...
ps fluid, full, gas is 91, put a bottle of fuel injector cleanre through. new air filter, pcv valve... just so im sure the drivers side has something that looks like a pcv valve, its not connected to anything. i bought hose to run from the air intake hose to that little thing, usefull? or not? flowmaster exaust... where might my problem lie?

its shakes when i press the gas pedal, sounds like a helocopter or chopper

fuel filter maybe?

Gonna sound dumb but pull both PCV hoses off the intake and plug them(at the intake oriface only). It's possible the old PCV was bad and the new one is the wrong one. It may not be drawing shut at high vacuum conditions as it should, leaving you with unmetered air. May also want to make sure that you didn't knock a plug wire off(watch the engine in the dark and look for arcs). Random misfires are the hardest thing ever to diagnose.

Ray

two pcvs? thought just one

near the pass valve.
theres still a vaccum in the pcv valve...when idleing i put my finger on the pcv valve and it has a vaccum. the other one, well near the ps pump... no real need for that is there? im running a rubber tube from the air intake hose to it, but its not a pcv valve.

Merlon said:
its shakes when i press the gas pedal, sounds like a helocopter or chopper

My wifes Buick is doing that lately too. Changed plugs and wires yesterday but it didn't help much if any. I did notice the coil packs were looking pretty sad so I will be swapping them out next.

Anyone know how to test the coils packs to see if they are bad?

yeah

well it never used to until i had a new windshield wiper motor installed near the 23 of december. a few days, or a week later i noticed it happening, may just be a coincidence, or not. hard as hell to work on anything under that hood... no room maybe something was disconected to get to the motor, and wasnt put on correctly?

doing the maintenece thing

i have new plugs,, and wires, and hoses, new belts. havent checked the coils yet... i guess ill see tommorow then when you fix your wifes car, huh?

have to put in a new belt tension pulley, what about you?

Well, I started up the wifes Buick today and started pulling wires from the coil packs one at a time to see if it made any difference. The FIRST one I pulled made ZERO impact on the way the car was running. I left that one off and pulled the other one from that same coil pack and STILL no difference. Pulling any other wire from the other 2 coil packs made the car run MUCH worse and spark was jumpin' all over the place.

SOOOO< I went and got a coil pack for $20 and replaced the (obviously) bad one. Between that and the new plugs/wires... the car now runs better than I remember it EVER running before.

Might wanna try checkin them coil packs. May not be your problem, but it just MAY BE. Just make sure you insulate yourself before pullin' wires off the coil packs. I had a small pair of channel lock pliers and leather gloves on (hey, it was cold out :D ) and I still felt a couple of small tickles when pulling and replacing wires.

good to know man

ill go try it... your super coupe get hella hot? i nticed my gauge only goes to the 1/2 mark when doing 70+ but when i get home, its like a furnice under the hood...~~~~ seriously hotter than my bronco. just wondering if its supposed to be like that. fluid in the upper radiator hose is like lava...

wait so there shouldnt be sparks jumping

everywhere? my coil pack shooting sparks left and right when i just checked it... hehehe...so i should try and locate one, any ideas? kragens/autopone, or do i have to go to a ford dealership?

Back