Moonroof Problems, Shade broken, etc

Sam Woodson

I posted this on Non-Tech and someone that thought too highly of hisself said it should be in Technical, so here it is.

The PO said he replaced the gasket, but there was major wind noise when the roof was closed. It was also slow to close and when it was slid back, when closing it wouldn't quite close all the way, I pushed it the last inch.

I searched the forum and saw the thread about lifter arms from Webasto. I ordered them and did the install today.

It's still noisy, and it is still hard to close the last inch. I figure I can get the universal rubber gasket from Webasto and solve the noise problem, but I guess the motor must be weak?

Other problems that occured.

The shade has little tabs that stick out on the back end to keep it in the channel and so it slides evenly. Well, one broke off. Any ways to fix it? I tried some JBWeld type stuff.

Problem 2, which may not be a big deal and was probably already broken. There is a big plastic piece that I could not remove from the glass. It also has a tab on each side toward the back that keeps it on track and holds it down. The drivers side is broken off. Even if it was still on, how would you get everything apart and back together? I couldn't figure out how to remove it from the glass or slide it out of the vehicle. (If both sides were intact)

I'm very annoyed at this point after just wasting several hours working on this thing and if anything only made things worse!

Thanks for any help in Advance!

Back