throttle POS sensor

platinumsc7

Does anybody have a good way to get the screws out of the TPS? I have been fighting them for a while now, and just about have the head of the screw...screwed! Why they put phillips head screws and not an actual bolt in there is beyond me. Thanks for your time.

Worse than that, the screws on my Wrangler were hex. Me and a tech destroyed 4 cheap sockets trying to remove them. Sure enough, loc-tite was used to keep them in. Unfortunately your problem is opposite, the screwdriver is destroying the screws. Try and slide a pair of needle nose pliers around the head, hold as tight as you can, and turn. If they fit, eventually it should come. WD40 may help to, let it sit overnight.

TPS

I had the same problem. It's a bit more work, but I took the Throttle body off the car. I laid the Throttle body down and tapped the screwdriver with a hammer, lightly. I then made sure I had a screwdriver that fit right, and used two hands and very slowly turned the screw. It was tough, but take your time and you won't strip the head.
If it's already stripped, you might have to drill the head off the screw, take off the TPS and then remove the screws with Vise Grips.
Good Luck

JT

Another method is to remove the t-body and slot the screws all the way across. Then you can use a wide flat blade screwdriver and it should come right out.

Back