Blow-By Symptoms?

Bigme574

It seems as though I need to change my oil every 2000 miles due to its color. I never had a car turn oil so dark so quickly. I have not found any vacuum leaks, therefore leaving me to believe that perhaps I am experiencing exhaust blow-by burning my oil. The car runs great and I am not using any oil...any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron

this is normal my oil looks dirty after 1000 miles its been that way for over 150 thousand miles i just change it every 3000

oils have detergent in them

and it pics up little molecules of crap from your engine, and hold it until you drain your oil. dont worry, you should be good for at least 3k if using synth, and a good filter. i dont go for synthetic, may lsat longer, but my car, has a small leak, so mineral oil is better for my car.

Thanks

Thanks all...
I was looking forward to building a new motor, but my wallet thanks all of you. I am using full synthetic with a motorcraft fl400-s atleast every 3k. I use 10w-30 cuz I cant believe this ford will last without wear at 5w-30. Also, my oil smells burnt, not like gasoline...However, I will check next time I change it.

Thanks again,
Aaron

Just an FYI, my 2004 Explorer 4.0 sohc will turn synthetic dark in 1K miles. I am running Mobil 1 synthetic with the FL400S filter and let it go 6K without any worries. 40K miles now and still running great. I did push one change on the Mobile 1 EP oil to 15K, but I dont feel comfortable with that. It was all highway and done really fast, but I wont let it go that far again. I guess its better that the dark stuff drains out with the oil than sit around in the engine making goo.

Back