Keepin' up

mcate

Hey Keith, I ordered my new headlights. They'll be in on Tuesday, my Valentine's present to me!

that ought to be good for half a second in the quarter. damn now ive got to do something else to my sc to gain that half second back. lol................

nickleman60 said:
that ought to be good for half a second in the quarter. damn now ive got to do something else to my sc to gain that half second back. lol................

Well then, here ya go!

Attachments

• wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 32
i said gain a half second not lose a second plus i think if you did your polishing magic that wing could be as shiney as your blower and match the rest of your polished parts. lol........

Yep, did 'em this afternoon. Also spent the past 2 afternoons detailing it with my new Poorboys products. I clayed it yesterday, then polished with Poorboys Polish with Carnauba. Then I sealed it with Poorboys EX Sealant. Today I put the 1st coat of Poorboys Natty's blue paste wax on it. The kid who bought my Mach turned me on to Poorboys, & in case you couldn't tell I'm pretty excited about it. I don't think my car has ever had a better, deeper gloss to it.

Attachments

• Dsc_0895a.jpg
    Dsc_0895a.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 44
looks pretty sweet mike.who would of thought that just changing headlights could make such a difference.by the way your car does look pretty shiny in that pic but i know it's shinier in person.

nickleman60 said:
looks pretty sweet mike.who would of thought that just changing headlights could make such a difference.by the way your car does look pretty shiny in that pic but i know it's shinier in person.

Thanx, Keith. Now I'm actually glad you did yours, which forced me to do mine! I drove it over & put it back in storage just now, & the lights are actually set right! I had to screw those mounting "things" way in when I installed them, because they were way too far out. I can't believe they're right because I just guessed. I didn't even think about John's suggestion of changing to 96-97 lights until it was too late.
I'm really learning a lot more about detailing than I ever knew. The kid who bought my Mach turned me on to www.detailcity.com. It's a forum like ours, & there's tons of good tips. Check it out.

not yet but the 94/95 hood lines don't match the slope of the 96/97 headlights so there's a gap between the two.although the newer headlights look good i like the look of the 94/95 headlights myself.

if you look at the pic i attached you will see (hard to tell) the small gap between the hood and headlights. btw i didnt change the hood

Back