code 95 help needed

Tin-Knocker105

"Thermactr Air System" problem- right (passengers) side air flow alwats upsteam or, Fuel Pump Monitor (FPM) signal- indicates problem.

well thats what it says but it sounds Greek to me.
Anybody dealt with this code before?
any suggestions?

It was running fine untill i needed it to go to work one morning, the other SC was waiting for a couple calipers to come in to fix the brake problems. So i was going to use the 5spd
It wouldn't start up in the morning (4am)
it did start up later in the afternoon, but bucked badly when it was doing around 50 or so mph. So it sounds like a fuel issue. I do have a new fuel filter maybe i will change out the old one and see if that cleares up the problem.
Started up this morning too pulled it into the garage pulled the codes, koeo and came up with the 95 code.
Any help... sugestions?
thanks
tony

Code 95 is also known as Fuel pump secondary circuit fault. I would look toward a fuel pump relay (dont recall if it is located in the IRCM or standalone) or a bad inertia switch. Drop Duffy an email, he has all the EVTMs and can better assist you.

Paul

Thanks Paul ..
Thats what i needed a place to start
I have a evtm and a big blue ford Tbird book, so i cracked them open tonight and found out where the relay is. (next to the inertia switch) swapped out the relay, jumped the switch still no start.
I'm now following a fuel pump troubleshooting guide...
jumped out the pump and still no pressure at the schrader valve.
I do have a fuel filter to change out tomorrow (thats the next step) and i'll retest and go from there.
Thanks
tony

Tin-Knocker105 said:
Thanks Paul ..
Thats what i needed a place to start
I have a evtm and a big blue ford Tbird book, so i cracked them open tonight and found out where the relay is. (next to the inertia switch) swapped out the relay, jumped the switch still no start.
I'm now following a fuel pump troubleshooting guide...
jumped out the pump and still no pressure at the schrader valve.
I do have a fuel filter to change out tomorrow (thats the next step) and i'll retest and go from there.
Thanks
tony
Tony, does the pump even turn on for 5 seconds when you turn the key on?

Paul

Back