Moonroof motor replacement?

Sam Woodson

Can you replace just the moonroof motor, or does this mean I would need a complete moonroof assembly with tracks, shade, glass and motor? Curious as someone contacted me offering to sell the complete package, due to my shade and motor problem.

Thanks,
Sam

Sam Woodson said:
Can you replace just the moonroof motor, or does this mean I would need a complete moonroof assembly with tracks, shade, glass and motor? Curious as someone contacted me offering to sell the complete package, due to my shade and motor problem.

Thanks,
Sam

Yes, you can just change the motor. There is a little cover in the headliner in back of the moonroof, pull that down and there should be 2 bolts/screws and thats all it is. just drops right out. and of course disconnect the electical connector. :p

I read you other post about the moonroof not closing all the way w/o assistance. Mine would do the exact same thing. I cleaned the track and then lubricated it with some grease which solved the problem. Might want to give that a try first.

Thanks,
Any instruction? Did you take the whole track out? If so how?

Thanks,
Sam
99GSXR750 said:
I read you other post about the moonroof not closing all the way w/o assistance. Mine would do the exact same thing. I cleaned the track and then lubricated it with some grease which solved the problem. Might want to give that a try first.

Back