H.B. sensor triggers?

Booster

I've had a heck of a time trying to get a complete harmonic balance for the project '93 I've been working on. I have an "experienced" H.B. I just got through the forum, with the 4 bosses on the back side for the crank position sensor, but with none of the vanes on it for the wheatstone bridge crank position sensor pickup to read. I haven't combed out the shop manual for what they look like or are built to, but can't imagine it's in there from what I've already seen. Can anyone let me know what they look like or are made from; dimensions and such would help. If someone's got a picture of what they look like, I can fab some, but I need an idea of where to start. Once I get the front end all assembled I can build the triggers from looking at where the sensor indexes to the balance. But, if I could see what a running unit looks like, it would be one less problem to solve when it doesn't start initially. There's not a lot of examples to look at around this neck of the woods. I'd appreciate any help here I can get!

Booster said:
I have an "experienced" H.B.
Help us out here, What Exactly is an "experienced Harmonic Balancer? Are you trying to install a Used HB?

We're not politically correct here. We call an engne part by it's proper name.

Comfused 68COUGAR

7birdslater said:
Are you looking for a sensor ring to screw on to your HB? Or are you trying to build something different?

Yes, Yes!. You get my oblique angle on that one. I just got a real nice used H.B., and need the sensor ring to install on the back of it. It's looking like it's not an easy find, and from what I've seen already, fabricating one isn't an easy thing, either. You've got a couple spares laying around, right? :D
Thanks!

68COUGAR said:
Help us out here, What Exactly is an "experienced Harmonic Balancer? Are you trying to install a Used HB?

We're not politically correct here. We call an engne part by it's proper name.

Comfused 68COUGAR

Cougar,
You're right. I just received a really nice used balance, and need the sensor ring to install on the back of it. I should quit changing descriptions like that, but I didn't want to get chewed out for installing a used balance. I promise I'll change it out as soon as I can..:rolleyes:
Thanks

Back