K&N oil filter ? wth...

Spider

ok before i went to go change my filter i thought to myself whats gona go wrong with this. is it going to take 2 hours to take off a filter or is something going to break.
everything thing ive dont on this car gives me issues so thats why i thought that.

so i take off the filter and was liek wow, hand tight came right off :eek: Nice!

i got to put the K&N on and this filter is way to big... omg... why!
the old filter barely fits i could barly get my hands on it to get enough grip to turn the filter. there no way this big thing is going to fit...

any ideas and what good filter i can use ? i really wanted K&N oil filter. cross refrence is comming up with the same filter as i got i geuss...

Attachments

• PICT2332.JPG
    PICT2332.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 89
  • PICT2333.JPG
    PICT2333.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 102
Maybe....

Maybe your filter was so hard to grab and get out, because your motor mounts are shot? Just a thought, I just use Motorcraft Oil Filter, I dont know the number off hand what it is though.

I do know that when my motor mounts were shot, it was everything I could do short of jacking the entire motor up to get my filter off. Maybe be worth looking into.

Mike

K&N oil filter

Looks like there is a wrong cross reference somewhere. You need a cross reference for the Motorcraft FL400S. The correct K&N filter is the HP2009.

David
'95 SC
5-speed

kendall221 said:
Looks like there is a wrong cross reference somewhere. You need a cross reference for the Motorcraft FL400S. The correct K&N filter is the HP2009.

David
'95 SC
5-speed

just got back from autozone for a exchange. HP2009 is a perfect fit :) thank you

Drilled safety wire holes for racing

Sturdy 1" (automotive) or 17 mm (motorcycle) wrench nut, where applicable, makes oil filter removal quick and easy

Heavy-duty construction

Resin-impregnated filter media provides maximum filtering surface for contaminant removal

Anti-drainback valve (where applicable) eliminates dry starts, prevents oil from draining back into crankcase during engine shutdown

Internally lubricated gasket provides positive seal while allowing easy on and off of filter

Rolled threads provide extra protection against stripping
basically high flow, excellent filtering, good with sythetic, 1" nut(use with removing only), +K&N Sticker which is good for atleast 5HP :D

Back