vibration

sanoe63

What are the sings of bad a harmanic balancer? I have some loss of power and a vibration through the entire car. It also has a drone it sounds like the exhaust ,but i have changed most of it with no change. It seems to be getting worse it won't even brake the tires loose. It has new plugs, plug wires, fuel pump, cam sensor, u-joints, and motor mounts. All this and it still seems to be getting worse. The only thing I can think of is the harmanic balancer might have slipped. This vibration starts at 1500 rpm and it goes away when I let off the gas.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
Well, if you are having HB problems it's possible the crank sensor isn't working right anymore which can cause ugly problems. Not to sure of any symptoms, I haven’t had one go out on me yet, thankfully.

Vibration

Check your motor mounts first if these are bad you will get a vibration through the whole car

he said they were fine

but might as well check them..

i am having the same problem, i changed the plugs, wires, fuel filter, checked the ignition coils, the dis module, vaccum, radiator (different reason)

i still dont know why mines does it, i may have to re space the spark plugs, because i think ones missfiring, causeing the car to shake.

what measurment do you use? .44?

1990 sc

try checking the fuel pressure from the pump and from the pressure regulator. then replace the cam sensor . but having said all that, have you any error codes???

try checking the fuel pressure from the pump and from the pressure regulator. then replace the cam sensor . but having said all that, have you any error codes??? sounds to me you are missing a cylinder or two!!!

No codes ,new fuel pump,and new cam sensor. The car is not missing it has a vibration.
Thanks,
Scott

Feel up inside the HB pulley and see if you can feel the large center bolt head. If not it broke off and the HB is bad. Does it wobble when it runs? If so..........

Back