Radio removal

tim

I didnt have the tool to do this so i used a couple of pieces of coat hanger. put the in the holes and nothing. Where do you pull push or what ever to get this thing out? Thanks Tim

The little tool that you use to remove the radio has a groove cut into the ends that grab hold of the radio to give you some grip when pulling the radio out.....

I never had any luck using the coat hanger method of removal.....:D

Coat hanger wire is too small in diameter for the radio. I've got some thicker wire that I've used but it is tricky to remove the radio. The heater control comes out quite easily with the same wire. Go to a shop that sells and services car stereos and ask them to pop it loose for you.

huh,

i had the same question my cd player on the 90 sc went out, so i put in an aftermarket one where the tape player used to be. its nice there, but id like to replace the tape player, and buy a working oem cd player for it, still looking though, havent found one.

The radio removal tool (2 pieces of bent wire with grooves in the ends) is $2.00 at Walmart. Takes a few seconds to remove with the tool. I wasted 30 minutes with a coat hanger.

I went to the local auto store to get the proper tools, but they were out of stock.... so i cut up a coat hanger into two 'u' shaped peices.... i know this is not the way alot of members are advising, but it worked for me.... took some wiggling around but i managed to pop out my radio in about a minute and a half. Insert each U straight in about 2.5 inches (had to force it a little bit at the 1.5 inch mark) then pull them away from each other and outwards. i had no damage but that doesnt mean you wont...

Back