need some more help guys(Exhaust and stuff)

paully93sc

First let me state that all my life I have drove T-birds, my first car ws a brand new 89 lx fully loaded. I wanted the Super Coupe but my dad was not dishing out the extra cash for the car or insurance! So finally last summer I bought a 93 SC with 150k on it and blown head gaskets. Since then i have replaced the following, Tranny (twice), harmonic balancer, oil pan (twice once when i ran over the harmonic balancer and then again when i was replacing the tranny and did not have it seated right) both window motors, power antenna, both front hub bearings, 1 rear spindle, a half shaft, both upper and lower control arms, both tie rods, alternator, front and rear calipers/ rotors, fuel pump, both automatic seat belt tracks, sun roof motor,starter, ummmm besides tires and headlights thats about it. MY QUESTION IS THIS ; I HAVE GOT THE WEEK OFF AND MY TAX RETURNS IN HAND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO REPLACE AHEAD OF SCHEDULED FAIURE TIME SO I CAN PAY CASH INSTEAD OF PLASTIC. Oh and what kind of after market exhaust give the best sound with out costing an arm and a leg??

Off the top of my head ...

What condition is the cooling system in? You haven't had the car all that long ... at the very least I would have the system flushed ...how about the thermostat ... Of course there are always the belts and hoses ... how about the ignition wires? Perhaps changing the differential lube? It really depends on how well the car was maintained in the past ... do you know?

Regarding exhaust, if the car still has the stock system, I suggest getting rid of the stock cats and resonator first and replacing them with high flow cats and resonator of your choice magnaflow or flowmaster ... primarily to reduce backpressure as opposed to making it sound better ... I have flowmaster mufflers and they drone too much for me ... I plan to switch to Borela's ... the best exhaust I've heard (off the boards) is on FastSC92's car .. do a search and see if you can find the link to his video ...

Last edited:
Thermostat funny you should mention that

Well when i got up 2 day: stopped at seven 11 for a cup of coffe and news paper came back out to the car there was no heat yet. Drove around for a minute and still no heat so iam figuring the stat is froze in the fully open postion. drove about 5 miles to Advanced Auto Parts for a thermostat and gasket and a gallon of anti freeze. Was already to replace the thing and the bolts are frooze to the head. Iam afraind if I keep on trying to turn the bolt the bolt head will snap off. I wanted to try heating them up a little but iam scared of messing up the head of catching something on fire. I know I take it to the local shop iam gonna get charged big time for something that i can do. Anyone else run into this problem and how did you slove it ?

Back