Best place to buy a manual valve body??

kiwikiwikiwi

Well, the title speaks for itself. Where is the best place to buy one, and what make should i go for?? I want a full manual VB with OD lock out and i haven't decided on a brake or not. Thanks.

Scott

kiwikiwikiwi said:
Well, the title speaks for itself. Where is the best place to buy one, and what make should i go for?? I want a full manual VB with OD lock out and i haven't decided on a brake or not. Thanks.

Scott
Lentec or Art Carr. Most people here like the lentec.

Ken

kiwikiwikiwi said:
The lentech strip terminator was the one i was looking at. Where do you think i'll find it cheapest:)??

Thanks.

Scott
Lentech, especially since you're already north of the border. We have to pay shipping and duty. Besides, I'm pretty sure if there are any vendors for Lentech equipment, I doubt you'll find a better deal than direct.

kiwikiwikiwi said:
The lentech strip terminator was the one i was looking at. Where do you think i'll find it cheapest:)??

Thanks.

Scott
Are you looking for a low mileage lentec valve body? One of the guys here in Nebraska is selling his. I will call him and tell him to look you up

Ken

kenewagner said:
Are you looking for a low mileage lentec valve body? One of the guys here in Nebraska is selling his. I will call him and tell him to look you up

Ken
Hey Ken, I also would be interested in the Lentech valve body if Kiwi doesn't take it. I want it only if it is the "street terminator" however. Thx, John

The VB that Ken is talking about is mine. It's a Lentech Stage 1 VB from my Street Terminator AOD. If I can find a Stage 2 VB, then I'll be willing to sell my S1.

Recently, I've been working more on the engine than my trans so money has been tight to get one. At some point, I'm hoping to upgrade. Just wanted to post this to clarify everything.

-Melon

Melon said:
The VB that Ken is talking about is mine. It's a Lentech Stage 1 VB from my Street Terminator AOD. If I can find a Stage 2 VB, then I'll be willing to sell my S1.

Recently, I've been working more on the engine than my trans so money has been tight to get one. At some point, I'm hoping to upgrade. Just wanted to post this to clarify everything.

-Melon
Thanks Melon - I forgot about the different stages and I also need a stage 2 since I'm installing a low stall non-lockup convertor.

I didn't know about them either until after I had my transmission - if I would have known, then I would have gotten a Stage 2 :D

-Melon

kiwikiwikiwi said:

Scott

Deff a lentech than, i myself have the artcarr and the o/d lockout is by line pressure which acutally works alot better than it sounds. im happy with it

trife86 said:
Deff a lentech than, i myself have the artcarr and the o/d lockout is by line pressure which acutally works alot better than it sounds. im happy with it
It didn't work well for me. Well, the Art Carr VB did do a great job locking out OD while at WOT, but I absolutely hated not being able to lock out OD at part throttle. With the amount of driving I do in traffic, being able to hold 3rd through the short amount of time I actually get to 45 mph before slowing back to 30 mph is critical.

Melon: Call Lentech and see if they will send you the stuff to make your VB a stage 2. I don't think there is much too making the change.

Back