Codes 63-31-98

90XR7Cougar5spd

Got any ideas, the car runs great when its cold, but as soon as it starts to warm up a little bit, it runs like crap, and the tach is not reading properly, it kinda jumps all over the place, the cam sensor is new, but that does not mean anything, im kinda leaning torwards bad cam sensor, im gonna go swap it out later tonight and see if it helps anything. Any other idea??????

Derek

Well i figured out what was wrong with it........kinda. I think that there was just a loose connection some where, i changed out the cam sensor and it didnt help it any, it just kept on running worse and worse, we shut it off, ok well it died, we started jigling some or the connectors and cleaned them up a bit and put some dialetric grease on them, and now it runs nice and strong again, now im just curious to see what those codes are, im sure that some of them refer to the egr system, seeing as how i deleted it on my car....

63- TPS Signal less than self test minimum. Either its a bad tps sensor or check the connection.

98- Shows you have to run a scanner on it. Doesnt give a discription.

according to all my books
63-tps circuit fault,below min voltage
98- hard fault present (engine running)

Back