PDA

View Full Version : I Need Heads

supertbird89
02-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I have an 89 t-bird SC and this is my second head gasket job. And I took the heads back to the machine shop to get them checked and the are toast they say. They were five thousandths away from discard after they machined them the last time, and this time in order to get them flat agian I would have to get 20-30 thousandths machined. SO I need another set of heads if anyone can help me I greatly appreciate it.

lowflying90
02-17-2006, 03:56 PM
i have a set.

[email protected]

Melon
02-17-2006, 05:34 PM
I might have a set around too. Not exactly sure how good they will be - where at in IA are you? They came off my old motor when I blew HG's.

I'll double check this weekend if they are still around. E-mail me ([email protected]) or PM me if interested.

-Melon

coupeCorona
02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
i have a set of 89 heads email if you want pics, they are already to put on the car! [email protected] thanks chris

Rays94sc
02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I have a set of used 89 heads off of an xr7. They are in pretty good shape. I'm located in Iowa City, IA. Let me know if youd like to take a look.

sizemoremk
02-23-2006, 04:54 PM
I also have a set that I got form a fellow that claimed only 3-4K miles or 6 months on them.

He said he'd done a valve job and had them surfaced form a blown HG, when he developed a rod knock and parted the car.

I got these heads for porting and such, but I ended up parting out one of the SCs, so I modified that set instead.

I did dissassemble the heads, and they looked nice to me, no pitting on the seats or anything, but I'm no expert.

I'd probably have the surface checked just in case.

Let me know if you are interested, and I can send ya some pics, and even re-dissassemble them to give a better look at the seats...

I'd like to get 100 shipped (what I payed for them semi-locally), but I have no use for them at this point, so make an offer if your're interested.

Email is [email protected]