Won't always run!

Joe90SC

I have a 90 SC and have been having trouble with my car running. I will be driving along and the car will just die. I will try and restart it, but it will not restart. It will turn over, but not start. If I wait 10 or 15 minutes it will restart and sometime go a few weeks before it starts again. I started by replacing the Ignition Module which was not cheap and that did not solve the problem. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
Joe Russo

it is your crank sensor that it is going .eventually it will give out completely and not start.

Yep, It's the crank sensor. It was doing that a couple weeks ago. Going down the highway at 85 mph and just die. (I'm going ~~~) and start up about five minutes later. That happend twice and finally after work I was warming the car up, while standing outside, talking to buddy, It just died and never started up again. One of the signs is the shift light will be on while turning over the engine. Mean that the computer isn't getting a reading from the crank sensor to see where #1 firing is at. Something like that. I'm doing mine shortly after saving up for the crank sensor and BHS harmonic balancer just to be on the safe side with a new crank pulley being zero balance, while I'm there.

David

Back