Anyone else have oil, IN coolant

Tony8470

Not coolant in the oil (headgaskets). But the opposite. I just bought an sc clear out in philly area (5 hour drive) and had to drive it back with oil in the coolant. Thank god there werent any problems. I was just about to buy it when I noticed it. They took it down to 2700 from 3500 because of it :D .

But anyways their svt tech said that it could be the oil cooler and not the head gaskets because the coolant pressure is greater than the oil pressure. Makes sense really, but I was wondering if anyone else had oil in their coolant from maybe a previous repair (water pump) or even what he said?

Yeah I took it to jiffy lube they wouldn't even flush it for me. Oh well I think it's time to study up on how to change the gaskets.

With all these different brands of gaskets flying around, which should I go with?

It is not unheard of for the engine oil cooler to develope a leak that lets oil mix with the coolant. Why not check it out to eliminate the simpler possibility first? The cooler is sandwiched between the filter and the block with coolant lines going to it. John

Back