doors lock by their selves

justcompton

i have a problem with my doors locking when ever they want, just randomly locking does any have a clue what might be the cause of that

a retarded chinese alarm system like mine :rolleyes:

----------
but really, i would check the electrical switch for the door locks and see if theres a short or something completing the circuit.

a retarded chinese alarm system like mine

If you have a alarm sytem its a safe bet thats your problem. You might take out the drivers kick panel as this is where they would have put the relays and then they only need a momentary ground to trigger.

If it's when you start driving, then it's part of the factory keyless entry system. Mine stopped doing it and I have yet to figure out how to fix it.

The electronic door lock control system has four main components:

The electronic door lock control processor (14B001) , located in the LH relay mounting panel (14B144) in the luggage compartment.
The five-button door lock switch actuator (14A626) on the driver's door.
The purchased-in-assembly (PIA) antenna.
The four button (hand-held) transmitter.

The electronic door lock control processor performs the following functions:

Unlocking driver's door
Unlocking all doors
Unlocking luggage compartment door
Locking all doors
Automatic locking of all doors when all doors are closed, the ignition switch (11572) is in the RUN position, someone is seated in the driver's seat, and the transmission is shifted through the REVERSE position. This feature is available only on vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions.
Arming and disarming the anti-theft alarm control (19A366) , if equipped.
Turning on interior lamps, door lock switch actuator and keyhole illumination after any button on the door lock switch actuator is pushed or either front door handle is lifted.
Turning on interior lamps and keyhole illumination when using the transmitter.
Activating and deactivating PANIC security feature which sounds horn and flashes parking lamps.
Activating battery saver feature which removes power from convenience lamps and interior lamps 45 minutes after last input to electronic door lock control processor .
The electronic door lock control processor will also accept and store a temporary entry code. Either code will then operate the system.

Autolock
NOTE: This feature is only available on vehicles with automatic transmissions.

All doors will automatically lock after all the following steps are completed.

The autolock feature is activated.
The driver's seat is occupied.
All doors are fully closed.
The ignition switch (11572) is in the RUN position.
The shift control selector lever passes through the REVERSE position.
After initial lock, all doors automatically re-lock when any door is opened and then closed, except if driver's seat is empty or ignition switch is OFF.

To activate the autolock feature, use the following steps:

Enter the five-digit permanent entry code into door lock switch actuator (14A626) .
Within five seconds of entering the code, press and hold the 7/8 button on the door lock switch actuator.
Within five seconds of pressing and holding the 7/8 button, press and then release the 3/4 button.
Within five seconds of releasing the 3/4 button, release the 7/8 button on door lock switch actuator .
To deactivate the autolock, repeat the above sequence.

its not when I'm in the car and its started its happens like when I open the door and the cars off it just locks and I'll unlock it and a few seconds later it locks again

Back