SC Heater Core Issues

John Temple

I have heard of heater core problems in other Ford products but wanted to know if it was a big problem in the Thunderbird's and if water pressure restrictors used in other cars was necessary.

Thanks, John

Originally posted by John Temple
I have heard of heater core problems in other Ford products but wanted to know if it was a big problem in the Thunderbird's and if water pressure restrictors used in other cars was necessary.
Thanks, John

From what i've seen on these boards in the past they can be a constant problem at times. A ground wire was one of the best suggestions I'd seen along with the restrictors. The restrictors seem to negate the electrolysis problem when cold & the ground helped too.

By the way, I'm on my 3rd hardrive. Is there anyway I could get that frontview pic of your car from you again? It's trapped in hardrive #1, can you post it here or email it? I know it wasn't the best pic but still would like to see it again. Got my mind made up on that hood, no other will do but yours is the only frontal view I can find of "that" hood.

many thanks,

'bird

Restrictors and ground

I will send you the front picture on e.mail..what is your address. Where do you put the restrictors and where to purchase....where do I put the ground!
John

From what I remember of the posts, the restrictor is a "button" or "plug" with a hole that is inserted somewhere in one of the heater hoses. Myself, I'm going to hook a ground strap to one of the heater core tubes at the firewall with a hose clamp.

Thanks for the pic:
tbird88@datarecall.net

'bird

Back