head gasket part numbers

papayomomma

I've searched the forums and have not really found a confirmed answer.
what i am looking for is the felpro part number for headgasket for a 92 sc.
The felpro book says a HS9642pt. We don't have one in stock so i can't check if thats the whole upper set or just the gaskets.
so if anyone has the part numbers they used, and for that matter, the part numbers for the arp bolts as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

That is the whole set for 89 - 93 SC. It has everything you will need to re & re the heads, other than the head bolts. They have to be ordered separately.

cheers
Ed N.

Sealed Power stock replacement pistons: H675CP (about $28 each and come with lock rings and pins)
ARP Head Studs #233-4303 (chevy 2.8 application)
Con rod bolts if reusing stock con rods - ARP Connecting Rod Bolts - 151-6002 (4 pack, need 2)

Felpro PermaTorque MLS gasket which are a rubber coated 4 layer Steel gasket. The application is the 1997-2004 4.2l engine in a Ford F150. Right side # 9253PT and Left side # 9250PT. They will work, but note, any MLS gasket really requires a fairly well machined deck and head surface so that it is very smooth. Smoother than factory. These new coated gaskets do better, but for a stock rebuild the standard stock replacement gaskets for the SC will work fine as well.

#233-4303, are those bolts or the studs that thread into the block then thread a nut on the top?
When i called and got a part number from the preformance warehouse i work for they gave me an ARP # of 143-4001 for the 3.8lSC, has anyone used those before or does everyone reccomend the #233-4303.
Thanks for the quick responses on those questions.

Studs finger tight into the block, nuts down to torque.

If you use the SC specific ones, they are often more expensive but exactly the same. Early kits of the SC specific ones had an issue but none of those should be left in stock.

Many have used the 233-4303 and I'm sticking them in my block.

According to summit today.. the 233-4303 are $92.99
I believe SCP sells the SC specific ones at $130. Note he may match prices so I'd check with www.supercoupeperformance.com before buying locally to see if you can get the right price. It's worth keeping the money in the community.

Back