Dashboard dimmeer light question - weird

wwwtbirdforumcom

I noticed that thwn I try to dim and brighter the dashboard lights on my sc - the parking lamps and the taillights dim and brighten instead. No - I don't think things should work that way - but I am looking for a tip on what or where I should look to straighten this all out.

Thanks in advance....

Sincerely

birdman...

I don't have the answer, but if it were me I'd get that light switch outa that car but fast. Try a known good switch in its place.

'bird

lol

I agree; these switches are notorius for melting. Probably the contacts inside have melted in such a way as to form a new circuit, especially if you haven't rewired your foglights.

Do you know if the switch has been replaced? Back when I had my '91, it started the famous "flash". Replaced the switch with one from Advance, Pep Boys, don't remember exactly, but each time I would dim the dash lights, it would dim the parking lights. I believe some of the wires were crossed, maybe it was for another car, who knows. I kinda of liked it, could turn on the headlights and off the parking lights, was cool back in the drunk days.

Back