freeze plug on head

ndoftyme69

hey guys I started to get into the engine the other day on my white SC that stopped running after a couple months after I did the headgaskets,and I noticed the freeze plug on the driver side head was almost out today. I could prolly grip it and pull it out. just wondering why it would have done that, the heads were new(rebuilt by Clearwater Cylinder Head). the car did get hot the last time I drove it and parked it. Which was a 5 min drive and the temp gauge got to the M on NORM. I don't know maybe they warped during that last drive:confused:

How cold has it been there in Florida? Are you running a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water? If the coolant freezes, the freeze plugs are designed to pop out before the block cracks.

-Rod

well it's gotten pretty cold but the car has been parked for at least a month and a half. i was running 50/50 coolant/water,not premixed. it started running crappy and had a lot of blowby, i could pop the oil fill cap off and it would smoke and put my hand on the exaust tip and get a ring of oil on my hand.the car would start and run for less than a mile,lose power and die.but it was losin water the last trip home. could it be that the place i got my heads from didn't do a good job puttin the plug in??? i have no idea

Back