Power Hungry

cheeriosluvr

Ok..i have a CAI, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, kooks headers, flowmaster exhaust and now im looking for more power to add on this winter
I am looking at a Magnum Powers Supercharger hook-up
And im think of going with the "no wait" Magnaport II for the 89-93 thunderbirds. Now when the port the rear intake will i then have to buy a inlet plenum with the rectangle opening or can i use my stock??
If i do go with the plenum does it have the EGR fitting???? I think that i may go with the plenum and the supercharger at the same time b/c the match the openings for free and i also plan on doing a Raised top...:)

Or should i go with the "S" supercharger, plenum and raised top??

I think that the MAgnaport II is a hella of a deal compared to the "S" supercharger

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks
TODD

If you are going to be doing it this winter, why do a no-wait?

If you have some money to spend, I would do the Magnaport II rebuild $449

Then add the Inlet plenum at the same time so they port match it:$449.

Then with the Raised top: $330

So a net of
$1228 for probably hmmm. 40HP?

Talk with Magnum Powers on that to see how much HP you can expect to gain.

Note that you'll also then want to be looking at higher flowing injectors and a new fuel pressure regulator.

Such mods might make you start wanting to look at an EEC tuner.

MPII upgrade

Hey Todd - I did the MPII upgrade. If you have some downtime during the winter then I would send your SC to Magnum and have them port it. You have to expect about a month of downtime for shipping and the porting. Also, you must get the MP Intake Plenum. Make sure to ask for 1 with EGR. They sell the intakes with or without it. The only other suggestion is you might want to get the MP 85mm Throttle body. This setup gives you 60 to 70 extra Horse.

Good Luck
JT

If i do just the Magnaport II will they still strip the blower and re-coat it??? I have been thinking about it and a main reason that i want the no-wait is so my car doesnt ahve to sit apart for any length of time.....i know it doesnt matter just something funny that i dont like the car being apart.....
But going to MP website you should expect to wait about 2 weeks which isnt bad considering the money saved. And for the same price i can get the Raised top and inlet plenum.

I already have a 190lph fuel pump...were should i look for a better fuel pressure regulator?? How about injectors?? I know supercoupeperformance.com sells them but for the same price i can buy some Ford Motorsports Injectors for a mustang and have a couple spares for whatever reason. Should a 36# injector be good???

JT: Did you keep you stock pulley or did you put on a 5% or 10% OD pulley?? The reason i ask is because i have been thinking about getting a 10% b/c of the free flowing exhaust.

I have also heard and read the same the magnaport, inlet and top will give you 70-80hp, but the only way to tell is strapping it on the chassis dyno in our shop. :D

Thanks
Todd

MPII

Todd - Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I didn't get anything extra done to the SC beside the porting. I believe they now offer a package where they will polish your SC for extra $. Check the website.
The porting is very noticable and that's why the MP Intake plenum is needed.
I haven't done the pully yet but it will be my next upgrade. Probably the 10% - I have headers and a Hi-flo exhaust. The biggest gain I found with the MPII and intake plenum was Mid to high end torque. I was a little dissapointed I didn't feel more - Off the line Power, but I've been told the 10% pully will fix that and get me into the Power Band a little quicker. Maybe, some 3.73's also!!!!!!!!:D

I thought I heard that now, while they still do internal porting, that the main issue with the inlet is that they have a new rear casting with a larger, squared opening.

They claim they strip and recoat it. I suppose you could ask them just to strip it.

Also, 2 weeks is their claim. But that doesn't include shipping which can be half a week one way. A month can be used up fast.

they do make the rear inlet square, and then you also have to buy the MP inlet plenum......i have no problem waiting a month...and its gonna take 1 week each way in shipping being that im in NY and the are West Coast.

Todd

god I wish I had some money.....

Arg! stop mentioning all the sweet parts you guys have! Theres too much drool on the keyboard! :p

Back