How do you Remove the Ground Effects

Dahoopd

I did a search all over and there isnt an answer. How do you get to the metal strip to remove it the side ground effects. I cant get a drill inside to drill out the rivets. Thanks for the help.

youll take the pieces off, then you will remove the metal strips underneath. take all the screws out that you can see, wheellwell, etc. pull the skirts, then drill rivets and cuss until theyre all out

Thats my problem, you cant get to the metal strip with the side skirt in the way. I dont want to break it. I have pulled the side skirt out as far as I think is possible before breaking and cant get in there to drill the rivets out

Plastic screws

If you have all the plastic screws and plastic push in clips out already, then lift up on the ground effect, it will pop off of that metal strip, AND THEN drill out the rivets.

Mike

To remove the GFX from the door. Open the door and remove two nuts. One by the hinge and one at the other end by the handle. Once these are removed, close the door. Now start at one side and slowly lift on the gfx and then pull outward at the top. There are 5-6 clips and be careful they are old and brittle.

Thanks gents. I was going to try and heat the drivers side up in a tub of boiling water to get rid of the sag. If it doesnt work than I will just seek out another set. Its amazing how bad that sag makes the body lines look.

It'll be tough, as it's not just a sag, it's a opening up of the lip that hooks on the metal strips and is supposed to hold it tight and square.

I assume you figured out that you just pull the plugs out on the bottom and then lift the piece off the side of the car. It just hangs on there.

Back