IC collar

you can use a spanner wrench,hammer and screwdriver,or the prefered way is to use a strap wrench.

is there a tool i can use so i dont have to cut it.. how do i take the collar off some one please help thank

You take it off with a tool. You didn't specify which collar, as there are 5 of them, 1 on the top tube, 2 on the bottom tube, and two of them on the sc top.

The SC top has the big outer nut collar, and under that is a smaller collar. The smaller collars are left hand thread.

They are designed to be removed with a spanner wrench.

See the link that was posted above.

its the top ic collar .. i want to take it off so i can put my aft market intercooler on it.. and i want to take off the collar on it so i can put my new intercooler pipping on it ..

i think he wants to remove the collar nut completely off the sc top so he can put on a new set of IC tubes using rubber couplers.if so the only way to remove the the collar nut is to cut it off.

sigh... search, read, it's been posted about 15 times in 3 different threads.

You take the collar nut off by taking off the collar itself. That is on there with left hand threads and requires a spanner wrench to remove. Once you remove that, and the o-ring behind it, you can take the nut off the top and will have a surface for you to fit the connector for your new IC tubes over.

see the picture in this thread if you need more info.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69442&highlight=collar

finnally Mike thank god I had pictures but cant find them its hard to explain to someone with out pictures . good job!!:)

Back