94' Auto to 5 Speed Conversion Help!!

lx2sc

Hey guys I am in need of some info I was looking to see what I will need electrically for the swap I know for sure the computer but will I need a harnees for the tranny or does the automatic have hte connectors for the 5 Speed any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Justin

I dont know about 94/95's but there should be a connector for the tranny harness under the console behind the ashtray. SHOULD be as simple as unplugging it and putting the 5-speed one in, at least with the 89-93's it is that way.

The trans wiring harnesses for all the years comes out in the same spot. The harness comes out just below the traction control monitor (The thing that has the door adjar light on it). Its just 2 white plugs.

You will need the trans wiring harness out of a manual car.
And the plug for the clutch position sensor is located up in the dash, above the pedals. Its just stuck up there.
And of coarse the computer out of a 94-95 manual car.

manual swap...

I have a 95 LX auto. car. I am collecting all of the items I need to do a six speed manual conversion on my car.

I bought a '94 five speed SC, but I did sell the car's computer. I figured I wasn't going to need it for a few reasons.
- No 5 speed... am using a 2000 Camaro SS 6 speed
- My car is a 4.6L car anyway
- In addition I am swapping the engine and rear with a '95 Mark VIII 32 valve
motor and aluminum rear end.

Thus far I am thinking the "fix" for this is going to be a Cobra computer, but that leads me to my next and final question.

If I use the Cobra computer, shouldn't I use the harness from the Mark VIII to get it all to work, and then I wouldn't need the '94 SC harness at all? Is this right.

I have half a mind to get a32 lave Cobra computer and harness, keep the Mark VIII harness, and also the '94 SC manual harness, and pay someone... oh about a million dollars to make 1 harness that is exactly what I need!

Wirings a poo of a job!

Thanks

Help

Hey guys im having some trouble finding the connector for my 5 speed harness I see one large white connector and one small connector that looks to be the same shape as one that is on my harness but the locking part is offset not center I need some help Thanks Justin

There is nobody that will pitch anything in here I really need some help and its greatly appreciated Thanks Justin

I posted on your looking for parts forum. I have everything you need. But you are third in line for the centerconsole itself. Will let you know if they pass.

Back