All you Brakes gods

X

xThunderbirdSCx

I recently replaced my accumulator to cure what i thought was the problem in my car. It didnt, unfortunatly.

What happens: Im driving the car, and i slam the brakes, or press them firmly, the car pulls HARD to the left, feels like the right side isnt getting any pressure.
Now when im driving and i brake easily or normally, the car stops fine, and in a completely straight line, so i think that rules out a stuck caliper or warped rotor. Pads are fairly new, about 70% left. Im clueless about what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, the amber ANTI-LOCK light comes on after driving a few blocks.
No red BRAKE light ever, just the amber one.

I did the same thing, replaced the accumulator and still brakes sucked. I switched to conventional brakes and what a relief. No more lights coming on after 2 minutes of driving. I pulled the amber antilock buld from behind the dash years ago when I bought the car. Now I have all new brakes and there is much more clearance in that area too.

Most likely your master

xThunderbirdSCx said:
What happens: Im driving the car, and i slam the brakes, or press them firmly, the car pulls HARD to the left, feels like the right side isnt getting any pressure.

That exact thing happened to my 89 car. Almost hit a guardrail on the freeway once:eek:
I believe the problem to be a part inside the Master cylinder someplace.
That right channel brake line is up and connected to a place remote from the driver front+rear line connections....
Some valve or passage related to the ABS portion perhaps.???
Maybe a Teves Guru could chime in here....

I did not troubleshoot it in my car, simply did a conventional brake swap, now the pressure to both wheels is restored. Was told it was the caliper, it wasnt.
Get rid of that archaic master before you crash your car my friend!

paul;)

Check your ball joints. I had that problem. It appeared as if I had no pressure on the right side. I knew it was working properly because the rotor was shiny. If I stomped on it, it would stop stright. I found that the sway bar end link and ball joint on the side it was pulling too were bad. I replaced them and BAM...it was all good.

The master cyl. seperates the front from the rear, not side to side. There IS a balance valve in the line though. I would look more towards the suspension though.

Chris

Back